What’s your offer for Deshaun Watson?

broncosfan_101

50 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

I’m pretty sure all of us have at least some level of interest in Deshaun Watson’s services. I wanna know what you’d be offering Houston. Feel free to make a few offers, like what you’d be comfortable offering, and then the absolute farthest you’d go. 

He has a lot of leverage no trade clause I believe I think he could dictate return may not be what you might think 3 firsts , and Thirds I'm definitely not doing.

I think there are numerous fair scenarios.  I’d trade 3 1s straight up for Watson.  I’d move 2 1s and Lock/Jeudy for Watson. 

Will say I don’t mind Watson flexing his muscle trying to get what he wants in Houston, but the NFL is a completely different animal than the NBA.  If that’s going to be his stance that he thinks he’s part of the FO, I will gladly pass.  Much easier to make things happen with 15 guys than it is 53. 

• Like 1

I'd give Lock and a 1st, because I'd spin this (not that it's true) that he could become a distraction if he doesn't get what he wants.  You know, if he decides down the road he doesn't like Denver, he would do the same thing to us. 

Edited by jsthomp2007

It’ll be tough (if not impossible) to outbid NYJ and MIA but **** it’d be SO fun to see DW in blue and orange. 

Edit: if NYJ offered 1.2, 1.23, both 2022 firsts and Darnold that’s probably compelling enough to seriously consider, right?

Edited by bMiller031

46 minutes ago, bMiller031 said:

It’ll be tough (if not impossible) to outbid NYJ and MIA but **** it’d be SO fun to see DW in blue and orange. 

Edit: if NYJ offered 1.2, 1.23, both 2022 firsts and Darnold that’s probably compelling enough to seriously consider, right?

If I am Houston I would take this. As rumors are the relationship is irreparable. I’d trade down from 1.2 also if I could to the Bengals (who knows if they would even move up for Sewell), and pick Smith or Chase at 5 to go with Darnold and Fuller and Cooks to give them quite a passing tandem. Maybe take Najee Harris at 1.23. Spend some FA dollars on oline and D and see how we can compete. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bMiller031 said:

2 hours ago, bMiller031 said:

They'd trip over their feet racing to the table to sign. 

I don't know what the details would be but the more I think about it the more I think we have to pull almost all stops to make it happen. A lot will come down to who Deshaun wants to play for—obviously, which has been stated—but we have enough young talent on O and a developing Offensive line to convince him. I know our ownership situation has us in shambles but we are still a highly respected Championship org, and we know Elway has a way with wooing players. 

I would have no qualms giving away our first and second round picks this and next year plus Lock. I'm sure that's at least a starting point. It's going to be so hard to beat out the Jets and Miami however...

But look at Brees and the Saints, playing in yet another NFC Divisional game. The value of a true franchise quarterback just cannot be underestimated and it is worth losing whatever draft capital in the immediate term. Especially when we are in a relatively decent cap situation, especially once we offload Von and Casey. Utilize Paton's knack for evaluating talent in the middle rounds and make efficient use of FA dollars to grab affordable starters and depth and there's no way this isn't worth it. 

35 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

-2021 1st                            
-2022 1st             
-2022 2nd            
-Cortland Sutton    
-Drew Lock        
-Bradley Chubb

Lets not mess around. 

Lmao I hope you're joking with this one ;)

15 minutes ago, Zukhyubern said:

I don't know what the details would be but the more I think about it the more I think we have to pull almost all stops to make it happen. A lot will come down to who Deshaun wants to play for—obviously, which has been stated—but we have enough young talent on O and a developing Offensive line to convince him. I know our ownership situation has us in shambles but we are still a highly respected Championship org, and we know Elway has a way with wooing players. 

I would have no qualms giving away our first and second round picks this and next year plus Lock. I'm sure that's at least a starting point. It's going to be so hard to beat out the Jets and Miami however...

But look at Brees and the Saints, playing in yet another NFC Divisional game. The value of a true franchise quarterback just cannot be underestimated and it is worth losing whatever draft capital in the immediate term. Especially when we are in a relatively decent cap situation, especially once we offload Von and Casey. Utilize Paton's knack for evaluating talent in the middle rounds and make efficient use of FA dollars to grab affordable starters and depth and there's no way this isn't worth it. 

Agreed.  While I know many are off on Fangio, he’s such a good defensive coach that I think he could keep the defense solid during that time.  

Something to keep in mind as well is this offense outside of running back and Sutton is under contract for the next 3 years.  It’s a young offense with a chance to really gel and it allows Denver to allocate FA dollars toward the defensive side of the ball.