What’s your offer for Deshaun Watson?

broncosfan_101

27 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

I don't think Denver would even make an offer. Our new GM has been adamant that drafting and developing players is his preferred way to build a team. That doesn't align well with trading away a few years of high pics.

I agree with you, though I will note that Paton has been part of an org not afraid to tinker with the QB position often to try and find a solution. Through that lens, one could argue bringing in a proven commodity with a young offensive core + potentially some FA money for the defensive side of the ball means it could be a gamble worth taking.

2 hours ago, grizmo78 said:

Miami is in an interesting position (I expect that’s where Watson would end up).

If Houston gets pick 3, they’ll likely be targeting one of the QBs this year, which means they might not want Tua. And neither would the Dolphins, so would mean potentially a 3 team trade where the Jets take Tua? 

Why are we assuming HOU isn’t interested in Tua?

3 minutes ago, bMiller031 said:

Why are we assuming HOU isn’t interested in Tua?

They definitely could be! Just walking through some other interesting possibilities (that Houston might prefer an extra rookie contract year on a QB available this year they like better? like Fields or Wilson) 

4 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

They definitely could be! Just walking through some other interesting possibilities (that Houston might prefer an extra rookie contract year on a QB available this year they like better? like Fields or Wilson) 

Totally fair point. Didn’t know if I missed a report about HOU not liking Tua

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Orangecrush151 said:

I still just don’t see anything in tua

Nothing in his 2020 film would justify optimism.   One key point, though - hip labrum repair rehab is a 18-month gig to full peak ability.  There are nice mechanical articles that Tua's not using his lower body at all throwing.  And we've seen he's not really scrambling, or even extending plays with his legs.    Now, maybe he doesn't get enough of that prior ability back (he was never a Kyler type player who ran a ton, but his legs gave him a threat to extend the play).   But in a perfect world, he was supposed to redshirt this year, and start late in season, and be ready to play in 2021 at peak ability.  That was the original plan, and why MIA had Fitzmagic playing out the string for 2020 - just a funny thing happened, and MIA became really good a lot faster than expected.

I'm not sure what Tua's NFL outcome is, either - but I also know that's not peak physical ability Tua yet, either.   And so should MIA and any other team who does their due diligence in any trade talk.  So keep that in mind.  How much it keeps MIA's faith in Tua, or HOU's interest in him as a trade chip, who knows.

Edited by Broncofan

18 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I'm not sure what Tua's NFL outcome is, either - but I also know that's not peak physical ability Tua yet, either.   And so should MIA and any other team who does their due diligence in any trade talk.  So keep that in mind.  How much it keeps MIA's faith in Tua, or HOU's interest in him as a trade chip, who knows.

Flores said he wants to see him improve on decision making and going through progressions. I thought alabama ran a prostyle offense? If so I doubt well see a substantial improvement unless he just gets more comfortable with the playbook.

On 1/17/2021 at 5:15 PM, broncosfan_101 said:

-2021 1st                            
-2022 1st             
-2022 2nd            
-Cortland Sutton    
-Drew Lock        
-Bradley Chubb

Lets not mess around. 

Realistically this is about fair. Maybe take one of Chubb or Sutton out. But yeah this is about what it would take, IMO 

I like Watson, but let's be real. 5 years in the league. 1 playoff win. People talk like he's mahomes or Brady. He's Jake Plummer or Carson Palmer. I wouldn't kick him off my team but people talking 3 1sts, 3 2nds and Von? Hard pass 

like I said a couple weeks ago when I pointed out he had friended a bunch of Broncos players on IG, I’d give 2 firsts and lock. If the Texans pass for a better offer, so be it.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

I like Watson, but let's be real. 5 years in the league. 1 playoff win. People talk like he's mahomes or Brady. He's Jake Plummer or Carson Palmer. I wouldn't kick him off my team but people talking 3 1sts, 3 2nds and Von? Hard pass 

like I said a couple weeks ago when I pointed out he had friended a bunch of Broncos players on IG, I’d give 2 firsts and lock. If the Texans pass for a better offer, so be it.

Dude I'm right there with you perfect value, perfect summation of my thoughts. I mean I feel the same way with stafford not value wise but being sold. Like Bob distracted a lot of blame for that collapse versus the chiefs and in general. These QBs on poor franchises I'm just not sold on a first for stafford would be Oakland 2010 for Palmer territory.

52 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

that comparison feels very disrespectful. he's elite. top tier QB. not Mahomes, but he is top 5. willing to trade assets is a different conversation. before this tire fire year w/ a joke of an organization (where he was still very very very good and getting better) he put together two elite seasons where his team won 11 and 10 games. and he has 3 years as a full starter - 2 with a competent team - not 5