What’s your offer for Deshaun Watson?

broncosfan_101

On 1/18/2021 at 12:56 PM, bMiller031 said:

Why are we assuming HOU isn’t interested in Tua?

He played at Alabama and Houston is run by Patriot Way guys.

It's also been reported that Watson, who has a no trade clause so he will have to sign off on where he goes, prefers Miami. I don't know why he doesn't reach out to Davante Adams, Aaron Donald and Travis Kelce and see if they can all take their talents to South Beach and form a super team. 

7 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

It's also been reported that Watson, who has a no trade clause so he will have to sign off on where he goes, prefers Miami. I don't know why he doesn't reach out to Davante Adams, Aaron Donald and Travis Kelce and see if they can all take their talents to South Beach and form a super team. 

I'm interested to see their offense if Watson stays. He leads the league in holding onto the ball and the new England offense seemed based off of quick get the ball out .

12 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

He played at Alabama and Houston is run by Patriot Way guys.

4 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I'm interested to see their offense if Watson stays. He leads the league in holding onto the ball and the new England offense seemed based off of quick get the ball out .

Wow you totally missed what I was saying. 

26 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I have no problem w/ the way DW has handled himself so far.  HOU has been an absolute dumpster fire of an organization and DW has outperformed his situation every year while remaining silent in the media until this offseason - despite HOU’s (seemingly antagonistic) insistence on destroying the roster around him. There have been bad examples of how to force your way out recently.. and (especially in the nba) it’s become a distasteful trend but that doesn’t mean it’s never permissible to request a trade.  In his mind, they have done wrong by him and I think there’s merit to that.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bMiller031 said:

I have no problem w/ the way DW has handled himself so far.  HOU has been an absolute dumpster fire of an organization and DW has outperformed his situation every year while remaining silent in the media until this offseason - despite HOU’s (seemingly antagonistic) insistence on destroying the roster around him. There have been bad examples of how to force your way out recently.. and (especially in the nba) it’s become a distasteful trend but that doesn’t mean it’s never permissible to request a trade.  In his mind, they have done wrong by him and I think there’s merit to that.

I was really just being a smartass. I don’t blame Watson for wanting out of Houston given the mess the organization is and if McNair/Easterby lied to him, he has reason to be upset on that alone. 

I do worry about the precedent this could set, however, and it’s one of the many, many reasons why I cannot stand the modern NBA. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

I like Watson, but let's be real. 5 years in the league. 1 playoff win. People talk like he's mahomes or Brady. He's Jake Plummer or Carson Palmer. I wouldn't kick him off my team but people talking 3 1sts, 3 2nds and Von? Hard pass 

like I said a couple weeks ago when I pointed out he had friended a bunch of Broncos players on IG, I’d give 2 firsts and lock. If the Texans pass for a better offer, so be it.

Well, if it's not Von, then we could toss in Elway...who could say no to that deal?

...being honest, I can't see them blowing anything up yet. They need draft picks and giving them away is suicide. I expect they'll give the team a chance with an offseason before passing too much judgement. And, who knows what will come of the ownership situation...yikes.

• Like 1

lol looks like I’m in the minority here. I guess time will tell. Lord knows been wrong on QBs before (see Cutler, Jay; Mahomes, Patrick) but then again I’ve been right a fair amount as well (see Allen, Josh; Haskins, Dwayne; Rosen, Josh; Griffen, Robert; Winston, Jamis)

If he ever wins a SB I will gladly eat crow because he seems like a really good kid and I’m pulling for him. Just wouldn’t trade the farm for him😏

• Like 2

I am tired of this DW trade. 1) he has a no trade clause and he said he prefers Miami 2) Switching with Hou is going to cost a lot of draft picks 3) For 3 years Fangio has been looking for his "roquan Smith" neither AJ nor Jewell are able to counter the TEs of the Division than his Kelce and Waller 4) After Callahan there is no Corner which is at the level of a holder 5) After Simmons and Jackson, who is in Safety? 6) DW + Simmons + Miller + Harris salary ...... impossible. 2 must leave which still leads to a weakening of the defense (already not super top outside the 20 yds) 7) Why take DW when everyone claims Fangio's head. Basically we take a new QB to change the playbook once again at the end of the season. 😎 Fangio chose Paton and I don't see Paton not giving Fangio the last year. 9) Paton has always drafted his team and he has already repeated his philosophy you can always try to read between the lines just because you don't want Lock as a starter it won't change a thing. 10) You can say what you want on Lock, he will be the starter with a veteran to take over if things go wrong So I am in favor of rejuvenating this defense by drafting this year as we did with the offense last year. And if it does not go a new coach and QB will be considered for 2022 but before it is useless we will go against the grain of logic for several years

8 hours ago, French Fan said:

I am tired of this DW trade. 1) he has a no trade clause and he said he prefers Miami 2) Switching with Hou is going to cost a lot of draft picks 3) For 3 years Fangio has been looking for his "roquan Smith" neither AJ nor Jewell are able to counter the TEs of the Division than his Kelce and Waller 4) After Callahan there is no Corner which is at the level of a holder 5) After Simmons and Jackson, who is in Safety? 6) DW + Simmons + Miller + Harris salary ...... impossible. 2 must leave which still leads to a weakening of the defense (already not super top outside the 20 yds) 7) Why take DW when everyone claims Fangio's head. Basically we take a new QB to change the playbook once again at the end of the season. 😎 Fangio chose Paton and I don't see Paton not giving Fangio the last year. 9) Paton has always drafted his team and he has already repeated his philosophy you can always try to read between the lines just because you don't want Lock as a starter it won't change a thing. 10) You can say what you want on Lock, he will be the starter with a veteran to take over if things go wrong So I am in favor of rejuvenating this defense by drafting this year as we did with the offense last year. And if it does not go a new coach and QB will be considered for 2022 but before it is useless we will go against the grain of logic for several years

Here is a trade I would make -

2 first rounders + Chubb + James + Gordon + Lock for DW- the Texans could do with a RB and a RT and Chubb to ultimately replace a declining Watt.