2021 Baltimore Ravens Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

4 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

You say that until Nick Moore has a case of the Skura's. But at the same time, Nick Moore could be a better Morgan Cox. We'll just have to wait and see what version, for good or bad that we get.

i am plenty confident in believing the art of long snapping is much easier to master than the art of playing center in the NFL.

Yeah, I trust our team when it comes to special teams decisions. The writing was also on the wall after they carried a LS on the roster seemingly all season as a protected option. Sounds to me like it wasn’t just a 2020 strategy but a future move strategy as well. The team must’ve been confident  enough in Nick Moore to feel they have a legitimate other option to turn to.

Last year Cox had a higher cap hit than Pernell McPhee. Add in that our kicking unit/Tucker seems to be losing reliability + Morgan's advanced age, and the move makes a lot of sense.

This team could do with some uncomfortable moves to sharpen overall club focus.

• Like 2

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-insider-notes-more-qb-moves-to-come-after-stafford-goff-blockbuster-dolphins-curious-oc-move-and-more/

Keep an eye on the Jacksonville Jaguars plucking multiple Ravens in free agency. Their new defense, led by former Ravens assistant Joe Cullen as their new coordinator, is going to prize many of the same body types and characteristics that worked for Wink Martindale so well in Baltimore.

Only Jacksonville has oodles of cap space and that owner is prepared to spend big for new coach Urban Meyer and it will be hard for the Ravens to compete to keep many (any?) of their bounty of edge defenders who are not under contract for next season. That's a diverse list led by Matt Judon, who played on the franchise tag in 2020 and is an uber-versatile defender. Tyus Bowser was among the NFL league leaders in interceptions by a linebacker. He has a nice get-home rate on pressures/drop backs and he is stout enough setting the edge and is just 25 years old with upside; some believe he could land in the $10M-a- year range if not more.

☹️

This would be less than ideal.

44 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

I mean, from a practicality standpoint, yeah it would suck losing all our depth at OLB in one offseason. On the other hand, imagine all the comp picks we will have!? 😅😁

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I mean, from a practicality standpoint, yeah it would suck losing all our depth at OLB in one offseason. On the other hand, imagine all the comp picks we will have!? 😅😁

I think the Ravens can have 5. The normal max amount is 4 but as I understand it the coaching compensatory picks are basically a different system entirely. 

2 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

If we sign Aldon Smith and retain guys like Wolfe, McPhee, and Ward... I think that’d be a capable unit, especially with a day 2 draft pick added to it.

Wouldn’t be ideal but mid level guys could be recruited here to manage the difference.

5 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

THAT'S the wiggle room we needed to make a legitimate run at a WR1 imo. I'm on board now @diamondbull424 @SalvadorsDeli

Better not use that extra $ on bumping up a bigger deal for Bowser 😝

Hopefully we win the arbitration against Earl Thomas and can get an extra $10m on top of it all. That would REALLY put us in a solid position.