2021 Baltimore Ravens Offseason Tracker

1 minute ago, baltimoreRebel said:

I think this seals that we're going to be players on Clowney and try to get Tyus back. I'm not a fan of Clowney but I'm intrigued with how FA has unfolded. 

Clowney would probably have to accept a very friendly deal. He's a great scheme fit but the injury issues are such a red flag.

The Pats signing Judon and not Tyus is actually kind of a big deal because it means they're likely now out on Bowser. They're one of the few other defenses that look for versatile EDGE pieces like him. It would be nice to not go into the draft needing a new SAM, but again it probably comes down to what kind of money we can get him for. I think a 1 Year deal could be good for someone like Bowser. Could audition for a bigger extension now in a more full time role with Judon gone and would still be young if he re-entered FA next year. 

2 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Clowney would probably have to accept a very friendly deal. He's a great scheme fit but the injury issues are such a red flag.

The Pats signing Judon and not Tyus is actually kind of a big deal because it means they're likely now out on Bowser. They're one of the few other defenses that look for versatile EDGE pieces like him. It would be nice to not go into the draft needing a new SAM, but again it probably comes down to what kind of money we can get him for. I think a 1 Year deal could be good for someone like Bowser. Could audition for a bigger extension now in a more full time role with Judon gone and would still be young if he re-entered FA next year. 

Clowney needs to accept that his market value isn't anything above 8 million per. If he wants more than he needs to earn it in insentives by staying on the field and producing.

I personally think that Tyus has earned a multiple year deal already for some reasons you've stated. He's a swiss army knife and can move around the field. What his value is? No idea. I want him back though. 

Edited by baltimoreRebel
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I would take Haason Reddick over Clowney. Clowney is a lazy slob who’s gotten further on his high school hype than anyone I’ve ever seen.

Legends never die.

Matthew mcconaughey GIF - Find on GIFER

Something to remember-

With Dire and/or Luxury needs at RG, C, RT*, WR, EDGE, FS, DI, EDGE, CB, TE.

You can only hope for actual impact from a small number of Rookies. 

I'd love to know what the theory that effectively boils down to "pass rush doesn't matter" is based on. 

I think letting both Judon and Ngakoue walk, signing replacement level-to-league average edge rushers and expecting it to have no impact is likely a mistake.

Bowser (potentially), McPhee and Ward (potentially) seems like a great mix of edge guys who are good at the secondary elements of the position only

• Like 1

Holy S&%t, 2 years 26 Mill for Yanny?

Yea, we're definitely not placing the same kind of importance on the EDGE position going forward. We were trying to pay Mosley 14 Mill per before the Jets bailed us out with that uber trash deal.

OLB in our system need to be able to play the run and/or cover. Think that’s why they let him go. 

If Agholor is going for 13M/yr...

Edited by M.10.E
  • Like 1

So we finally get some interior pass rush only to completely obliterate our edge pass rush? I sure hope we're taking bargain FA's and prioritizing it in the draft because if you can't rush the passer in today's NFL, you're screwed.

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Hi fellas! Care to shed some light on the newest Raider Yannick?

He was basically the exact same as he was in JAX (good pass rusher, not trusted in running situations), just a bit more unlucky so the sack numbers weren't quite there.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Hi fellas! Care to shed some light on the newest Raider Yannick?

He can definitely get there. I can't count how many times he missed a strip sack by inches. He's a one trick pony but the trick works well at times. Runs by the tackle a lot. QB releases before he makes it back. He could be good for you guys. 

2 hours ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

How is it that we spend months on here bargaining ourselves down from chasing WR1's to seeing if AJ Green would play for food stamps while the Chiefs can just go and create 30m cap space out of thin air to break the market for offensive linemen 

The Chiefs already have their young core locked into 2nd contracts and can therefore move around that massive sum of money via restructures (Mahomes, Jones, Hill, Kelce).

Without Lamar and Andrews locked up long term the only really “young” sum of $ we could move around would be Stanley

30 minutes ago, drd23 said:

He was basically the exact same as he was in JAX (good pass rusher, not trusted in running situations), just a bit more unlucky so the sack numbers weren't quite there.

I’m going to try and find it, but his pressures were among top pass rushers. Maybe top 10, close to top 5. Yet, just didn’t finish. Watching him, I felt that he was good but just didn’t seem as advertised from that fluke season. 

Not to defend him, because 13 mill per is too much for a guy we rotate 

Edited by ravens5520