2021 Baltimore Ravens Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

1 hour ago, ravens5520 said:

I’m going to try and find it, but his pressures were among top pass rushers. Maybe top 10, close to top 5. Yet, just didn’t finish. Watching him, I felt that he was good but just didn’t seem as advertised from that fluke season. 

Not to defend him, because 13 mill per is too much for a guy we rotate 

Pressures are valuable in their own right, and are far more predictive/less volatile than sacks are. 

If fans* are expecting x percentage of pressures to always become sacks, that's on them for misunderstanding the volatile nature of pass rushing results and how much of an impact the opposition has in sack numbers

*not you specifically, but what you posted seems to be a frequently held (but incorrect) belief about Ngakoue

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

Reddick makes a ton of sense. Signing him and bringing back Bowser would be a tremendous duo. 

I remember me and you talking about Bowser as option B to Reddick for our SAM spot in the 2017 draft. Both rare EDGE players with legitimate coverage skills. 

52 minutes ago, RayLew52 said:

I would have liked him as well but not for that type of money!

I actually think he'd have been a good signing at the price he's ended up going to NJ for (and I say this as someone who was in the "if you're going to sign a high price FA WR then you may as well go the whole way and pony up $20m for AR" camp)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

Hopefully he stays healthy enough, and plays enough, to factor into the comp pick formula for us.

I wonder who is going to be the new pre-season hype WR now? 😅