2021 Baltimore Ravens Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

4 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

I have a take. Please don't @ me. I dislike the Nick Boyle contract greatly. That is all. Thank you.

I’m ok with it in that it will pretty much stagger off with Andrews’ extension. If there’s a point though because of a restructuring or something where we’re paying both those guys big-ish $ I agree.

1 hour ago, AngusMcFife said:

But if Tyre Phillips doesn't stand like a statue and let Hughes run by him unblocked the play before, Lamar hits Hollywood for a TD and it is 10-10, and the Ravens have the wind for the 4th quarter. 

I'm still mad at that play and it's been like 3 months. I remember seeing a video where someone made the argument that it was actually INTENDED to be blocked like that, and that it was actually JK's fault for missing the block and I'm just completely flabbergasted as to why we're asking a rookie RB to basically lead block against a pretty darn good DE in a playoff game.

remind me again how the offseason is won in the first few days of FA. reminiscent of the all time great Eagles team a few years back.

there will be lots of cuts after the draft and during camp and team building carries on for another 5 months or so.

re: Golloday

a guy like him is joining the Ravens  only if you sign him long term with +18m per. can't see him being interested in signing for a year w/o the outlook of a sure fire 100+ targets season to boost his stock for next spring.

this however looks like a guy EDC  has been on the phone with immediately after news stroke and i would love it:

https:/

/twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1372934882209456132?s=20

14 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

remind me again how the offseason is won in the first few days of FA. reminiscent of the all time great Eagles team a few years back.

there will be lots of cuts after the draft and during camp and team building carries on for another 5 months or so.

re: Golloday

a guy like him is joining the Ravens  only if you sign him long term with +18m per. can't see him being interested in signing for a year w/o the outlook of a sure fire 100+ targets season to boost his stock for next spring.

this however looks like a guy EDC  has been on the phone with immediately after news stroke and i would love it:

https:/

/twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1372934882209456132?s=20

I wouldn’t really be for it. We resigned Wolfe already so now we have 3 veteran DL options, we’ve got Madubuike, and Jelly. I’m not sure we could really swing Atkins enough snaps to make it worthwhile as a signing.

Feel it would be a waste of resources. Especially with Atkins seemingly on the decline.

Regarding the WR situation, I’m not much a fan of paying Golloday big money, I’m weary of him, though I can’t say that is based in much of a justified opinion as I’ve never watched him play. I just know he’s in a high volume passing attack and seems to produce at only a quality rate. I don’t believe he’s the special WR option that would elevate our offense.

Therefore, I’d rather take a gamble with the WR options in the draft instead. Golloday himself wasn’t drafted until later on in the draft. FA WR busts are just as real as draft WR busts, therefore give me the far cheaper option.

That said, I do think the front office needs to be aggressive with the WR position. We need a difference maker and we shouldn’t be passive about getting that player IMO. Brown Jr should hopefully be traded soon so as to know exactly what resources we have to work with, but in the event that he’s traded for pick 15 value or higher (as I expect) than we should use the early resource on a WR and the later one on the best blocker on the board, be it at center or RT.

But again, the WR position certainly needs to be targeted with legitimate resources.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

Would’ve definitely been on board with that offer, though it also makes sense as to why he went back with the Steelers considering he knows his role with that squad, while the Chiefs give the lions share of volume to Kelce/Hill and we aren’t a reliable squad in the passing department currently.

WR's do not want to come play in this offense, especially in a year where everyone is signing 1-year deals to hit FA again when the cap rises next year. EDC can say whatever he wants, but the proof is there. Nobody wants to be a blocking WR in a Greg Roman offense. It's up to the Ravens internally to draft + develop a #1 WR.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

I mean he turned down the Chiefs too if we're talking Juju.

I actually don't blame him at all, he has a better shot at putting up better numbers with Big Ben in a walk year then he does in our offense and being the third wheel in Kansas City

• Like 2

5 hours ago, drd23 said:

Building the defense to stop the run first has been how its done in Baltimore for as long as I've been a fan, and its pretty easy to argue that the combination of McPhee, Ward and Wolfe were signed primarily with that in mind.  If you add in what I would classify as the misuse (or at the very least underuse) for whatever reason of the best pure pass rusher on the team last year in Ngakoue, and its not exactly a stretch to say the plan was tailored more to beating a running team like Tennessee than a passing dominated one like KC 

The contention was that possibly building our team to be stronger against the run(Beat the Titans)- which isn't even the correct way to label what we did, was an error in strategy. 

McPhee, Ward, and Wolfe combined cost us less than like 5 Mill. And in no universe does adding Yannick Ngakoue make us less likely to beat the Chiefs. Same goes for Calais Campbell, Justin Madubuike, etc. And all EDC does is deliver the players to the coaches, that's where his input stops. EDC doesn't deserve flack for the coaches under/mis utilizing the players he provides them.

You can only do so much in one offseason, and as a result so much of this DeCosta criticism is beginning to sound like "How come we don't/didn't have a perfect team- immediately?". If we didn't add more talent to our front in the offseason and then got ran all over by the Brown, Titans, etc, then the same exact fans would be screaming "WEh LOst THet Wehy LAStt YIr UnHD U YOuu DeiD NutHHing!!!". 😂

• Like 2

We would like him to address (with the same effort/resources) the problems that have plagued this offense for how long? 15+ years?

The defense looked bad in one game and was fixed the next year.

I'm not asking for us to break the bank for some free agents. Just to stop trotting out bums at WR who wouldn't start for 90% of the other teams in this league.

Edited by M.10.E
  • Like 1

Fans of us investing at WR should be beyond happy we didn't win the "1 Year Rental of Regressed JuJu" sweepstakes. Cause now WR remains a priority in the draft. 

Can guarantee any 'splash' signing at WR will then preclude us from taking a 1st or 2nd Round receiver. 

• Like 1