2021 Baltimore Ravens Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

1 minute ago, DreamKid said:

Fans of us investing at WR should be beyond happy we didn't win the "1 Year Rental of Regressed JuJu" sweepstakes. Cause now WR remains a priority in the draft. 

Can guarantee any 'splash' signing at WR will then preclude us from taking a 1st or 2nd Round receiver. 

Rashod Bateman szn.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coordinator0 said:

And another one gone and another one gone...

But:

Well, they tried.

See, I don't think offering 1M more is really trying that hard. There are a LOT of reasons to not make a 1 year move for that little more. This just seems like them "being in the mix", possibly bringing up the price for the Steelers or securing a guy at a favorable price, but I don't view what's reported as a major play by the Ravens.

• Like 1

I’m okay with not getting these Receivers with their prices so far. Orlando Brown is our ticket to a wide receiver upgrade IMO (or Larry Fitz can come in and be our 6’5 Willie Snead, which I’m all for) 

edit- if it were a video game I’d sign Antonio Brown 

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

Man, Fitzgerald averaged 7.6 yards per reception last season in an offense that wasn't exactly bogged-down. Does anybody really think he could come to Baltimore and do much better than that at age 38 (when the season starts)? Nah. The Ravens are better off taking a risk on a young player rather than throwing that out there. 

If it's not a true starting talent then don't bother. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, coordinator0 said:

Man, Fitzgerald averaged 7.6 yards per reception last season in an offense that wasn't exactly bogged-down. Does anybody really think he could come to Baltimore and do much better than that at age 38 (when the season starts)? Nah. The Ravens are better off taking a risk on a young player rather than throwing that out there. 

Right, but we're talking about what the Ravens might do :p.

Though, I still haven't given up hope on an Allen Robinson trade.

2 hours ago, DreamKid said:

The 'Trade Lamar Jackson for Deshaun Watson' galaxy brain contingency within the Flock has got to be feeling pretty lit right now.

Helmet liane cartman retarded GIF - Find on GIFER

Is there actually a contingent of fans that think/thought that the Ravens should trade Lamar for Deshaun? 

I think that Deshaun is the better QB to win a SB in the traditional way, and that in a hypothetical world that the Ravens would have to add something in addition to Lamar in such a trade.  But that is just a thought exercise, thinking about how it would work and actually wanting to do it are two completely different things.  

7 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Is there actually a contingent of fans that think/thought that the Ravens should trade Lamar for Deshaun? 

It was mostly a thing when the news of Watson wanting out first broke. They applied the same logic you did to the situation and felt Watson would better aid in our quest for another championship. And in response you had a lot of the Ravens fandom pop accounts putting out stuff like this-

Essentially one of the fandom mini sagas that will occur during the year.

7 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Also, lol if any of this is actually true.  IDK who he is, but the dude's twitter bio claims he's a "NYG insider"

He's just a troll. ^^^Follow up post is a pretty big tell.

Reminds me of the guy who 'saw' Jalen Ramsey at that airport near Baltimore a couple years ago, when that whole trade saga was taking place. 😂