2021 Baltimore Ravens Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

Since it's not at all about the money, and just about playing LT, how about Orlando publicly says he'll take an incredibly team friendly deal for whoever acquires him?

That should speed up the process and get the offers rolling in within seconds. I'm sure the mental anguish of still officially being our 'Right Tackle' is weighing his spirt down anyway. He's so courageous for just being able to get out of bed in the morning.

.............Yes, I'm starting to get annoyed at the situation 😐.

I also love that the fanbases of teams like the Steelers, Giants, and Jets are taking these victory laps because they 'Won' the FA WRs. Like we won't still split them up the middle in 2021.

I think we'll sweep the division next year- easy, and the only other teams that will have a shot against us are the Chiefs and Packers. 

FWIW: https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2021-nfl-free-agency-live-deal-grader-grading-tracking-every-free-agent-signing- PFF's FA Transaction Grades for the Ravens-

BALTIMORE RAVENS

G KEVIN ZEITLER: THREE YEARS, $22.5 MILLION ($16 MILLION GUARANTEED)

Grade: Very Good

Zeitler instantly became one of the best guards on the market when he was released earlier this month by the Giants. He’s coming off a down season by his standards with New York in 2020, but his 65.9 overall grade was still the top mark of any member of that offensive line.

Zeitler has consistently been one of the best pass-protecting interior offensive linemen in the league, posting 75.0-plus pass-blocking grades in all but two seasons of his nine-year career. He figures to help solidify the right side of the Ravens' offensive line, which could be in flux with Orlando Brown Jr.’s trade request. 

Zeitler was set to make $12.5 million in 2020 with the Giants, so this new deal qualifies as a sizable pay cut and good value for the Ravens. The average of $7.5 million per year slots him in below the top tier of guards across the NFL.

EDGE TYUS BOWSER: FOUR YEARS, $22 MILLION ($12 MILLION GUARANTEED)

Grade: Above Average

Bowser has gradually increased his role in Baltimore’s defense over the past two seasons up to 540 defensive snaps in 2020, rotating on the edge with Matthew Judon, Yannick Ngakoue and Pernell McPhee. He has developed into a versatile option capable of holding up against the run, rushing the passer and dropping into coverage in Baltimore’s blitz-heavy scheme. Bowser earned PFF grades above 70.0 in 2019 and 2020.

The Ravens are in line to receive fourth-round compensatory picks for both Judon and Ngakoue following their signings with the New England Patriots and Las Vegas Raiders, respectively. Now, the team retains Bowser at a lower number. No franchise has taken better advantage of the compensatory pick system since it was installed in 1994, with 53 compensatory draft picks earned — six more than the second-place Cowboys.

DI DEREK WOLFE: THREE YEARS, $12 MILLION ($8.5 MILLION GUARANTEED)

Grade: Very Good

After spending the first eight years of his career as a consistent presence along the Broncos’ defensive line, Wolfe didn't skip a beat with the Ravens in 2020. He made little impact as a pass rusher, with just 11 pressures on 365 pass-rushing snaps, but that’s not what Baltimore brought him in to do. Wolfe is a run-stuffer, and he finished last season with an 82.8 run-defense grade (fifth at the position).

He has been one of the league’s better interior run defenders for the better part of a decade, dating back to his time with the Denver Broncos, where he put up the best season of his career during their 2015 Super Bowl campaign. He finished the 2015 regular season with a career-high 81.5 overall grade and followed that up with an 89.1 grade during the postseason, where he recorded at least one sack in each game on 20 total pressures.

A model of consistency at a grueling position, Wolfe has played at least 450 snaps for nine consecutive seasons, with no signs of slowing down now in his 30s. He logged over 600 snaps in a crowded defensive front in his first year as a Raven. Wolfe, Brandon Williams and Calais Campbell are primed to once again form a formidable trio along Baltimore's interior.

I fear Sammy Watkins will head our way. He has the size and route capabilities that I’d like, but his legs are also the cause of him not cashing in or living up to potential. 

Juju thankfully we didn’t have that happen. Don’t need a tiktok beauty Queen! Also really want us to unleash Duvernay in the slot role

7 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

I feel like Watkins would basically be Bryant McKinnie 2.0. Only ever healthy/focused for like 4 games a year so if we do sign him then we'll probably just end up bring along slowly and try to time those 4 games for the playoffs. 

Man, I couldn't agree more. Hopefully he's signed cheap. We should still target a WR early in the draft.