2021 Baltimore Ravens Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

32 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

Pretty meh on Watkins. Like was mentioned earlier in the thread he's better than Boykin but that's not much of a qualifier. Sammy is hurt every year too. I don't see the need at receiver getting any less important if he's signed.

He gives me bad memories of Jeremy Maclin.

id rather get Melvin Engram and draft a receiver in the first. Although if we did go Watkins AND an early draft Pick at receiver that could be epic though we’d probably have to cut someone young 

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

11 hours ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

He gives me bad memories of Jeremy Maclin.

id rather get Melvin Engram and draft a receiver in the first. Although if we did go Watkins AND an early draft Pick at receiver that could be epic though we’d probably have to cut someone young 

Right now we have 4 receivers who should make the roster... Brown Boykin Duvernay and Proche... Bring in Watkins and a first round rookie... we should be much better than last year... cause basically Watkins replaces Snead and the rookie replaces Moore or Dez however u see it 

Edited by bmorecareful

1 hour ago, bmorecareful said:

Right now we have 4 receivers who should make the roster... Brown Boykin Duvernay and Proche... Bring in Watkins and a first round rookie... we should be much better than last year... cause basically Watkins replaces Snead and the rookie replaces Moore or Dez however u see it 

The rookie would actually replace Boykin if you think about it. Watkins probably plays a lot more because of veteran-status so he replaces Snead's snaps, and the next highest after that was Boykin. Boykin replaces Moore/Proche/Duvernay/Dez or basically gets demoted.

The money itself isn't an issue, but I'm sure for the Sammy Watkins thing to work out they have to be able to sign him without cancelling the Ngakoue comp pick. I like him on the roster and think he would improve the offense, but not at the cost of losing a 3rd/4th round comp pick. Either the contract has to be really cheap (<$4M) or sign after the date where it doesn't matter (April 27th?).

1 hour ago, bmorecareful said:

Proche is going to need to win a spot. He's only a 6th round pick and those aren't usually safe into year 2 without a clear role. I do think Boykin and Duvernay are roster locks, barring injury.

• Like 2

I don't think Watkins moves the needle enough in his own right, and his presence could stop the FO from going WR in Round 1 as well. So I'm in firmly in camp 'Hope He Signs Elsewhere'.

Give me a final splash duo of like Melvin Ingram and Malik Hooker or something, so long as Ingram's contract doesn't jeopardize our 2022 comps, and then we can bunker down for the draft.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

The money itself isn't an issue, but I'm sure for the Sammy Watkins thing to work out they have to be able to sign him without cancelling the Ngakoue comp pick. I like him on the roster and think he would improve the offense, but not at the cost of losing a 3rd/4th round comp pick. Either the contract has to be really cheap (<$4M) or sign after the date where it doesn't matter (April 27th?).

Proche is going to need to win a spot. He's only a 6th round pick and those aren't usually safe into year 2 without a clear role. I do think Boykin and Duvernay are roster locks, barring injury.

I think proChe is pretty much a lock... it’s the ravens... look at how long Chris Moore stayed on the squad... with Snead and Moore already signed elsewhere I don’t see bruh not making the team