2021 Baltimore Ravens Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

9 hours ago, drd23 said:

Given the comments of EDC/Harbs, I think it's more likely that that wiggle room gets used for Scherff or Linsley if it gets used on a FA

Have to think if OBJ gets moved then it pushes them even further in that direction too. We saw the trouble losing one plus Tackle can cause, and certainly have felt the affects of a sub par IOL for years now. It's clear that the FO & Coaches are fed up and Orlando's exit will only make them more focused on the issue. We might see a "Never Again" approach to the position group(OL) similar to the one that was applied with great success at CB. 

I think the scenario that makes everyone on this board happy would be us getting someone like Brandon Scherff in FA, trading OBJ to the Chargers(Pick #13), nabbing the best WR that falls that far(Would probably be Devonta Smith or Jaylen Waddle I guess), drafting the best Tackle available with our original first(Pick #27), and finally selecting one of the many talented Centers that will still be there in the 2nd. 

You get the big name WR everyone wants, acquire high end young/foundational pieces to give us a boost and stability across the line, and an elite vet in Scherff to offset their inexperience.

• Like 1

I just don't know why the Chargers would trade for him when they could just use their pick on Vera-Tucker, Slater, or Darrisaw.

I think the Jags are our best bet and probably would be looking at something like pick #25 or #33 and a fourth round pick. Maybe swap #45 for #58 too.

Edited by BareYourTeeth

13 minutes ago, BareYourTeeth said:

I just don't know why the Chargers would trade for him when they could just use their pick on Vera-Tucker, Slater, or Darrisaw.

I think the Jags are our best bet and probably would be looking at something like pick #25 or #33 and a fourth round pick. 

I look at it like this, the Bills could have kept all those picks and just used their 2020 1st on Justin Jefferson, Brandon Aiyuk, etc. They wanted the proven commodity in Stefon Diggs though. Same with the Colts. They could've picked Justin Kinlaw at Pick #14 too, but wanted the proven DeForest Buckner instead.

Orlando is 24 Y/O and already proved himself a plus Tackle at both RT & LT. If you're the Chargers and just hit on one of the biggest gambles football offers, a 1st Round QB, why not go for the proven commodity to protect your ultimate prize? 

Not saying it's a definite or anything, but that outlook makes a good bit of sense to me. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I.....actually kinda like these hires at face value?

Dope hires for sure. Tee Martin being a diversity hire that could eventually pay dividends down the road. But more than that his qualifications have him coaching the USC offense from 2016-2018 which means he coached over the offenses they had with Juju Smith-Schuster, Sam Darnold, Michael Pittman, and Amon-Ra St Brown. The performance at Tennessee wasn’t as encouraging, but the Vols haven’t been a threat in some time within the SEC so can’t really fault him too much there. But the fact that he was there to help stabilize USC after the collegiate sanctions from Pete Carroll and still develop some WRs like Juju and Pittman and a QB in Darnold, definitely hold weight. Shows some leadership.

Throw in Keith Williams who is another diversity hire. There are definitely some issues with having 3 DUIs that I’m sure has played a part in him not being given the WR coach title, especially in light of the situation with the Chiefs. But you’ve got to respect his resume as being one of the go-to WR gurus across the league.

WR coaches that have been of note in developing WRs like Juju, Pittman, Tyreek, Watkins, and Adams... that are also strong diversity hires... are about as knocking it out of the park as we could expect.

Surrounding Hollywood, Boykin, Duvernay, and likely a 1st/2nd day WR sounds like a definite recipe for improvements. Love to see it!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, BareYourTeeth said:

I think the Jags are our best bet and probably would be looking at something like pick #25 or #33 and a fourth round pick. Maybe swap #45 for #58 too.

Honestly I don’t think that’s enough value for a two time PB OT who is being traded at only 24 YO with no durability questions of note- which is a huge deal. Laremy Tunsil accomplished less and was an inferior graded player prior to his trade to Houston and netted far more. Obviously a lot of that was the idiocy of BOB. But I think fair value is about 1150 draft points or roughly a mid 1st rounder. Which would be compensation requisite of a late 1st and mid 2nd, if we go with a deal that the Jags offer. If we give up a two time PB OT for a late 1st rounder, DeCosta took a definite L. No way he shouldn’t be able to AT LEAST use the Jaguars and Chargers against each other in negotiations. Worst case scenario should be either:

Pick #13 from Chargers
or
Pick #25 and #45 from the Jaguars

Best case should be him getting maybe:

Pick #13 and conditional 2/3
OR
Pick #25 and Pick #33

I just can’t see a scenario where a young ascending OT who has actually proved himself in this league, regardless of if Lamar makes things easier (especially when you consider Tunsil’s ratings prior to trade) shouldn’t easily return such value. Especially not when EDC is known for extracting Michael Peters from Kenny Young.

• Like 1

We received Pick #55 last year from the Falcons for Hayden Hurst a 26/27 Y/O backup Tight End. A pick they received from the Pats in exchange for Mohammed Sanu a 30 Y/O WR who has never topped 5 TDs or 850 yards receiving in any season.

Getting a Top 20 pick for Orlando shouldn't shock anyone.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Nelson Agholor was crazy explosive for the Raiders this past season. Essentially was who they drafted Ruggs to be. Could be an under the radar signing for sure.

Yeah but as usual he comes with major drops issues. We need a solid #2 WR, not really another burner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BareYourTeeth said:

Amon Ra-St. Brown, Amari Rodgers, and Josh Palmer will be names I'll be using for the predict the prospect draft game for sure.

Feels like Amari could've been high on our board before this move too. Kind of a poor man's Percy Harvin who finally got the chance to shine in his senior year. Acquitted himself well at the Senior Bowl too.

We've already drafted two WRs from this group, could definitely see a 3rd(Rodgers or Moore)-

I’m going to be honest. Unless you’re calling plays I find position coaching overrated(except the OLine). Most NFL players know how to play their position better than their position coach. And they’re mostly all teaching the same **** using the same techniques. No one is reinventing the wheel here.