2021 Baltimore Ravens Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

It's the draft people every single team consistently misses on prospects. You can praise the Pats evaluators for taking the superior guard to Bredeson but look at their track record drafting over the last 5 years. We have no idea how they evaluate these players and to me it's obvious the Ravens value more than just the tape. They are looking for high quality character guys who play like Ravens but sometimes it just doesn't work out.

I trust in the process because it has produced a highly consistent team for a very long time. Everyone in the league respects this organization and the decision makers.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RayLew52 said:

It's the draft people every single team consistently misses on prospects. You can praise the Pats evaluators for taking the superior guard to Bredeson but look at their track record drafting over the last 5 years. We have no idea how they evaluate these players and to me it's obvious the Ravens value more than just the tape. They are looking for high quality character guys who play like Ravens but sometimes it just doesn't work out.

I trust in the process because it has produced a highly consistent team for a very long time. Everyone in the league respects this organization and the decision makers.

Some evidence to that point that other teams are willing to trade draft capital to secure our castoffs.

2 hours ago, RayLew52 said:

You can think the Ravens are a top 3 drafting organization and still question a particular draft pick you didn’t like.

I don’t think anyone is saying Bredeson trade = Ravens bad.

Just that it would have been nice to get someone else at that spot.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

You can think the Ravens are a top 3 drafting organization and still question a particular draft pick you didn’t like.

I don’t think anyone is saying Bredeson trade = Ravens bad.

Just that it would have been nice to get someone else at that spot.

Not saying you can't I just don't see the point in it. It's over and I'm just thankful we are getting compensation for the mistakes as opposed to the majority of the league which just cuts them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RayLew52 said:

Not saying you can't I just don't see the point in it. It's over and I'm just thankful we are getting compensation for the mistakes as opposed to the majority of the league which just cuts them.

I mean that logic can be applied to anything sports really lol “I don’t see the point in discussing the game that happened earlier today, it’s over”.

This forum was essentially created to talk draft stuff, most people are going to comment their opinions on past draft picks (good and bad)

• Like 2

Just now, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Tylan Wallace, please save us 

The fact that we're relying on one of:

• James Proche
  • Devin Duvernay
  • Tylan Wallace

To save our WR group right now is just so embarrassing I can't help but laugh. I have no expectations for this group at all this year so hopefully I'm surprised.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The fact that we're relying on one of:

• James Proche
  • Devin Duvernay
  • Tylan Wallace

To save our WR group right now is just so embarrassing I can't help but laugh. I have no expectations for this group at all this year so hopefully I'm surprised.

I like Duvernay enough in year 2 where he can be that #3. We don't need any of these guys to be the "#1" so to speak - that's Andrews (and at WR Brown)

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/ravens-sign-13-players-to-practice-squad

Baltimore has signed 13 players, leaving three more spots still to be filled. Here's the list so far:

NT Justin Ellis (veteran)
DB Anthony Levine (veteran)
DB Jordan Richards (veteran)
OT Andre Smith (veteran)
DE Chris Smith (veteran)
OT Adrian Ealy
LB Blake Gallagher
QB Trace McSorley
WR Jaylon Moore
TE Tony Poljan
P Johnny Townsend
K Jake Verity
WR Binjimen Victor

3 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

I was thinking Bynes would be an excellent fit to sign when we lost Fort to the ACL considering the choice for veteran producer seemingly came down to Fort and Bynes a couple years ago, but I was unsure what his situation would be around the league.

I’m glad we were able to bring him back. I think he brings some great experience to our thumper role if injuries strike.