2021 Baltimore Ravens Offseason Tracker

20 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Nick Boyle insurance. I still hope we consider adding another receiving threat Tight End

Yep that's how I would read it as well. If Boyle needs to start the year on PUP then Tomlinson will be useful, otherwise he's an easy training camp cut. Definitely still expect us to bring in another TE with some receiving chops. 

5 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

This should be a guy on EDC's radar for a multitude of reasons. 

I could see him wanting to play with his brother in Burgh also. They're in cap hell though. Would need a small miracle. 

We have enough DL over 30 making a lot of money next year. So unless he's going to take a massive paycut, I'm good.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, M.10.E said:

We have enough DL over 30 making a lot of money next year. So unless he's going to take a massive paycut, I'm good.

If you're thinking of giving Wolfe a decent contract extension, why not weigh options and see if JJ is worth signing. I'm not sure what his value is at 31 years old though. I'd say something like 33 Mil over 3 years with play time incentives. 

Yeah hard pass on JJ for me tbh.

We're already spending a good chunk of $ on guys who are late-career, good locker room, below average pass rushers at the defensive line. At this point I'd rather just stick with what we have and continue to bring in young guys to learn from Brandon and Calais and Derek like Madubuike last year

My money is on the Packers. Close enough to Chicago for him to catch up with his wife via a quick plane ride, yet also close to his parents.

You also have to imagine he’s looking to contend and less about money. He turned down $17.5m in an offseason where players are knowingly entering less lucrative situations.

That all said if he wants to beat up on his younger brothers, yet still be close enough to catch up, and is willing to play at a reasonable salary, I’m here for it.

I could care less about his sack numbers being only at 5, holding calls were up across the league, that’s going to impact guys drawing double teams along the interior like Watt and Campbell. Whether that trend continues or not, we’ll see but similar to Campbell, Watt has made a career out of impacting passing lanes with PDs. He had 7 just this past season. He’s an elite run defender with 14 TFL.

I mean, how much less is he going to draw than Derek Wolfe is likely hoping to bring in via an extension? If Wolfe wants $7-8m APY and Watt will play for $10m APY, I’m easily choosing to pay Watt the extra amount.

Lastly, Watt won’t impact the compensatory formula as a released player.
————

Though if he’s leaving to put himself in the best position to win a ring; I’m sure the Packers, Chiefs, and Bucs could all be high atop his list. Those squads are all less of a project than ours IMO.

I don't really feel like we can afford to spend big money on a guy who carries as many medical red flags as Watt does. 

If we are going to target a DL in free agency - which, tying back to the other thread about maybe starting to prioritize interior rush over EDGE pressure - isn't necessarily a bad idea, I'd want to see us get a little younger there. Worth monitoring the Giants to see if Leonard Williams and/or Dalvin Tomlinson hits FA. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli
5 hours ago, berlin calling said:

if you believe adding Watt willget us a ring you're wrong. see: Calais Campbell.

the D is fine w/o another aging big name player. better invest that cap into the O for once.

I don’t believe it will. But I think it’s a little more complex than that. Would it be better for the team to spend $10-11m on Yannick Ngakoue along the edge or that same amount for Watt within the interior?

Could a combination of Watt, Campbell, and Madubuike along with draft picks give us an elite front 4 to work with in pass rushing situations vs a squad like KC or BUF? Certainly worth considering at least.

Which isn’t to say that I don’t believe we shouldn’t also be investing within the offense. I just think when a player like Watt becomes available, you’ve got to at least inquire his price. If it’s reasonable than you pounce. Same would be true if the Falcons released Julio Jones. Watt might be 31 but he’s still fringe elite.

with Ngakoue you are at least confident he will make it through 16 games. Watt? at this stage in his career it is a gamble at best to expect 16 games out of him.

so i absolutely prefer to invest money in a younger guy. same people calling for Watt now are probably the same guys hammering Jimmy Smith for being injury prone tbh.

• Like 1

I’ve been back and forth on hearing Ravens are interested In Watt. He’s a household name. Easy to get excited. Injuries have hampered him over a few seasons. Though, we have seen how many vets come to us and find that next gear while playing with us??? 
Campbell missed a few games last year and it hurt during those games statistically.

For me... It comes down to paying Judon or Watt.. Do we want to be tied to Judon for 4-5 years or Watt for 1-2. 

My plan:

1. Sign Watt/Bowser over Judon/Yannick    
2. Trade Brown with at least a 1st + in the deal... unless we can secure a pass rusher/interior o line in the deal    
3. Sign vet RT not named Fluker

We use the draft pick haul from Brown to fill more young talent to an already young talented team. Watt/Bowser keep us competitive and could offer same production if not more of Judon/Yannick. 
Short term deal for Watt frees up cap space in a year or two as we look to lock up Lamar and see our cap space get better. 

We have 30 million coming off the books this time next year 

2021:   
Campbell 15 mill cap hit.  
Brandon Williams 14 mill cap hit. 
Both. UFA next year 

11 million of dead cap also coming back next year that is wasted on Earl Thomas (10 mill) and Ingram (1.2)

Edited by ravens5520
19 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Yeah hard pass on JJ for me tbh.

We're already spending a good chunk of $ on guys who are late-career, good locker room, below average pass rushers at the defensive line. At this point I'd rather just stick with what we have and continue to bring in young guys to learn from Brandon and Calais and Derek like Madubuike last year

I forgot how good Madu looked for the mid to late season. Brandon comes out on pass rush, so Watt, Campbell and Madu would be a nice front on 3rd downs