Jump to content

2021 Baltimore Ravens Offseason Tracker


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

Meh.

Yea, F this.

If the team is actually interested in securing production from the EDGE position they should just retain Yannick Ngakoue- who has been one of the most productive players since entering the league.

Who knows if there's any truth to this, but if you told Ravens fans a year ago that we'd trade a 3rd for Yannick Ngakoue only to let him go in FA and then target 32 Y/O Carlos Dunlap they might try to decapitate you for saying something so wild.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Yea, F this.

If the team is actually interested in securing production from the EDGE position they should just retain Yannick Ngakoue- who has been one of the most productive players since entering the league.

Who knows if there's any truth to this, but if you told Ravens fans a year ago that we'd trade a 3rd for Yannick Ngakoue only to let him go in FA and then target 32 Y/O Carlos Dunlap they might try to decapitate you for saying something so wild.

Amazing how life works, eh? Really wild to think.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

My thoughts exactly

This ^^^

Sanders, Zeitler, Van Noy and possibly Norwell 

Some really good names in positions of need for us. The linemen could come in at a friendly 2 year deal. Heavy market of free agents at said position should tip that scale our way. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Would he be an EDGE rusher or more of a 3-tech/interior DL in our setup? 

I would think 3-tech similar to what Chris Canty played for us a few years back - but we don't really have a strong need there with Madubuike and apparently Wolfe coming back - so maybe they do view him as a pure edge guy

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

I would think 3-tech similar to what Chris Canty played for us a few years back - but we don't really have a strong need there with Madubuike and apparently Wolfe coming back - so maybe they do view him as a pure edge guy

Yeah that makes sense to me. Letting Ngakoue/Judon walk and then signing someone like Dunlap lines up with what I think/suspect they're trying to do on defense which is prioritizing interior rush over edge/outside pressure. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Yeah that makes sense to me. Letting Ngakoue/Judon walk and then signing someone like Dunlap lines up with what I think/suspect they're trying to do on defense which is prioritizing interior rush over edge/outside pressure. 

Yeah agreed. Also a really tall guy that can get his hands up in passing lanes - kind've goes along with the "QBs are getting the ball out so fast nowadays that you have to affect them in other ways with your EDGE rushers" vibe some have picked up on from our offseason press conferences

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to see AJ Green signed.  Should be a fairly inexpensive signing that brings veteran presence until Mile Boykin and Hollywood reach their true potentials.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...