Joe Flacco was a much better postseason QB.

RamblinMan99

57 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

Lamar is 23. i'd say its impressive enough he already has that many postseason games under his belt. Hes far from a finished product.

First off, he is 24.   HUGE difference.

Secondly, youre in denial.   You guys need to dump him fast, and sign Mitch Trubisky. 

Cut Tucker while youre at it.   Two field goals off the uprights in a playoff game?   The guy just isnt dependable.     

The playoffs are a crap shoot anyway. Essentially every team in the playoffs is good. The goal is to build a good enough team to make the playoffs every year, and hopefully you get lucky one or more of those years and win the whole thing. There is still a long ways to go before Jackson is damaged goods.

So the Ravens should’ve kept a washed up Joe Flacco just because he used to be good in the playoffs 6 years ago?

If Joe Flacco was still on the Ravens, they wouldn’t even be in the playoffs this year. He’s not even good enough to start for the Jets anymore. And Lamar Jackson has played in 4 playoff games, not 3

Flacco is one of the greatest post season QBs of all time - not really a fair comparison.

Ff would have absolutely called Dan marino, John Elway, and Peyton Manning busts. Or maybe there’s something else about Lamar that means when he loses it counts for double compared to when someone else does.

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

25 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Flacco is one of the greatest post season QBs of all time - not really a fair comparison.

Ff would have absolutely called Dan marino, John Elway, and Peyton Manning busts. Or maybe there’s something else about Lamar that means when he loses it counts for double compared to when someone else does.

I’m a bit more skeptical about Lamar. I don’t believe he has a window as wide as those other guys. There is typically a law of diminishing returns on QBs like Jackson. I think he has 4-5 years of prime...and it does appear that defenses are evolving faster from an intellectual standpoint than him. It’s about punches and counter punches...I really do think that next year will be telling. 

Edited by sammymvpknight

17 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I’m a bit more skeptical about Lamar. I don’t believe he has a window as wide as those other guys. There is typically a law of diminishing returns on QBs like Jackson. I think he has 4-5 years of prime...and it does appear that defenses are evolving faster from an intellectual standpoint than him. It’s about punches and counter punches...I really do think that next year will be telling. 

Go ahead be skeptical, that’s fine (though I think educated fans will want to see Roman gone before Lamar)

Its the folks saying we should move on to our rookie UDFA backup and he “can’t throw” and “we’ve seen enough to know he wilL never win” (a lot of people “saw enough” the first interview he gave for the draft) thats suspect and I’ve heard that narrative before and it’s true face is ugly.

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

35 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

The playoffs are a crap shoot anyway. Essentially every team in the playoffs is good. The goal is to build a good enough team to make the playoffs every year, and hopefully you get lucky one or more of those years and win the whole thing. There is still a long ways to go before Jackson is damaged goods.

I kinda disagree with this notion. Every year there's one or two teams that have zero shot of winning the SB that still make the playoffs. 

Furthermore: This year we have a 1 seed and a 2 seed in the AFCCG and we are waiting to see if the other 1 and 2 seed will make it to join them.

2019: The 1 seed in the NFC and 2 seed in the AFC met in the Super Bowl

2018: Both 2 seeds made it to the SB

2017: Both 1 seeds made it to the SB.

2016: The 1 seed in the AFC and 2 seed in the NFC met in the SB

2015: Both 1 seeds met in the SB

2014: Both 1 seeds met in the SB

2013: Both 1 seeds met in the SB

2012: The 2 seed NFC team met a 4 seed AFC team

2011: The 1 seed AFC team met a 4 seed NFC team

2010: A 2 seed AFC team met a 6 seed NFC team

2009: Both 1 seeds met in the SB

2008: A 2 seed met a 4 seed

2007: A 1 seed met a 5 seed. 

2006: A 1 seed in the NFC met a 3 seed in the AFC

2005: A one seed in the NFC met a 6 seed in the NFC

2004: An NFC 1 seed met an AFC 2 seed

2003: A 1 seed in the AFC met a 3 seed in the NFC

2002: A 1 seed in the AFC met a 2 seed in the NFC

2001: A 1 seed in the NFC met a 1 seed in the AFC. 

So in the last 20 years every single Super Bowl featured either a 1 or 2 seed. Only 3 times did a wildcard team even advance to the SB. And more than half the time it's just 1 and 2 seeds playing each other in the SB.

The notion that "everybody has a chance in the playoffs" is usually just not very true. Occassionally there will be some really strong wildcard team, but it's rare. And even then the 2005 Steelers were a strong 11-5 wildcard team, the 2007 Giants were a good 10-6 wildcard team stuck in the same conference as the conference leader. And the 2010 Packers just barely missed out on the division at 10-6. There's always teams in the playoffs that have zero shot of making the SB. It's not a crap shoot. There's usually the top teams and then maybe a strong darkhorse type. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

The anti-Lamar circlejerk is in full tug and y’all are lucky we ain’t allowed to call out the underlying truth on this website. 

Find me another MVP who gets these type of ignorant “detractors”.

You do realize that the MVP is picked by the media and not guys that actually know what they're talking about right? I dont care how many trophies the media give him, he's not a good enough thrower of the football to win you a superbowl. I would've liked to see the final score if the Ravens started Tyler Huntley instead. They could've easily won.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevein2012 said:

Didn't Baltimore have like 5 straight seasons without winning a playoff game before they dumped Flacco?

Yes. Missed from 2015 - 2019. Made it in 2014 thanks to Gary Kubiak and his zone scheme. If Harbaugh didn't cut Flacco and transform this team into Lamar's team, he would've been fired and the Ravens would be completely irrelevant right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 43M said:

Cut Tucker while youre at it.   Two field goals off the uprights in a playoff game?   The guy just isnt dependable.     

I was once told he could be had for a 1st. Time to call in that chip.

• Like 2