Joe Flacco was a much better postseason QB.

RamblinMan99

33 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I think a lot of people think he isn’t good or great because he’s not a traditional quarterback.

I have heard others go so far as to call him not smart (Hi Doug Gottlieb).

I’m not insinuating anyone who thinks he’s not good enough is racist, but more or less stuck in the football Stone Age and unwilling to adapt to modern times.

A run first QB has never won the superbowl. The belief that Lamar will isn't "modern," it's brazen lunacy derived from media hype.

Playoff defenses are high caliber and guys start throwing their bodies around more in the playoffs knowing it's do or die and thats how they can earn a payday. Those running lanes that were there during your 1000 yard rushing season are suddenly gone and you gotta throw to win.

Also it's clearly just smart business to trade him for draft capital rather than pay him like he's John Elway, Mahomes or those guys. He's not.

Edited by Kirill

5 minutes ago, Kirill said:

A run first QB has never won the superbowl. The belief that Lamar will isn't modern it's brazen lunacy derived from media hype.

Playoff defenses are high caliber and guys start throwing their bodies around more in the playoffs knowing it's do or die and thats how they can earn a payday. Those running lanes that were there during your 1000 yard rushing season are suddenly gone and you gotta throw to win.

Also it's just clearly smart business to trade him for draft capital rather than pay him like he's John Elway, Mahomes or those guys. He's not.

To be fair, how many (good) “Run First” QBs have there been in NFL history? Tarkenton, Vick, Cam, Jackson?

Not a big sample size, also Cam and Tarkenton have SB appearances.

35 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I think I have a theory on what your theory is and I don’t think that’s it. I think some people for some reason want the QB position to be played one way and championships to be won one way. Jackson, Tebow, Kaepernick, and Taysom for a few games this year. They won. It drove people insane. And anytime they had a bad game they just yelled, “I’m right!” Like every game before never happened. I think people just want to be right.

I hated the love Wentz got early. I thought the  media crowned Winston and even Mariota too early as franchise foundations after just 2 seasons. 

I hate when they crown the QBs after one good/Great season as sure things. 

I never have been a true believer in Watson because he always just looked for Hopkins or scrambled to make the throw . This year he showed growth. Running and making plays as a QB. 

I think the thing with QBs like Jackson, Hill or Vick back in the day, it is that history just says someone like that can't sustain that to a Super Bowl win. 

My favorite QB in Randall Cunningham didn't show his "best" until he showed the ability to throw the ball. Helped to have Moss and maybe Jackson needs his Moss. 

I think Jackson winning the MVP shows the media will accept a running QB. But I think they also are waiting to see him fail because they feel that type of QB can't win you a Super Bowl or last longer than 5-6 years before he hurt or shut down. 

There is a reason why even the greatest RB gets no real long term love. Because history says they will break down much faster than a QB that can win from throwing in the pocket. 

People want to be right more than anything when talking football in this day and age. Media flip flops so easily like we don't remember their comments. 

I'll use Mariota as example. Daniel Jeremiah used to breakdown his play and call it "beautiful." Then it was like this guy is shot. Titans need to draft someone else. And they did need someone else lol 

But point is they crown guys too early in my opinion. And love to tear them down after they build them up. So they are always "right."

As for my stance on LaMar as a whole. He's a good, not great QB, teams certainly figured out how to better play against him this year. The question is, will they continue to improve defending against him and this Ravens' offense? Will he be able to adjust in turn, or will he continue to slide downward into being just average? Anyone who says they know one way or another is full of it.