Why Offensive Line Should Remain the Focus

NJC33

4 hours ago, xenajets said:

Both of them were franchised last year so both could conceivably be a little pissed they didn’t get their deal last year and walk. Who knows....time will tell. 

No way they tag Guards again either, Bill was smart. Get one more year out of Thuney and find his replacement in the process.

17 hours ago, xenajets said:

Both of them were franchised last year so both could conceivably be a little pissed they didn’t get their deal last year and walk. Who knows....time will tell. 

Forgot about that. Ya they either will have to come to a deal or they'll just hit FA. And as you said... they might be pissed they didn't get a deal already this last year and hold that against them. So I guess there is a good chance 1 or both of them do hit FA. We need to come away with 1 of them if they hit FA. That would do wonders for Becton and McGovern on the OL. Move Elf to RG and Fant still at RT. Both those spots can be thought about in the draft if the value is there. But starting those 2 isn't bad either.

28 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Forgot about that. Ya they either will have to come to a deal or they'll just hit FA. And as you said... they might be pissed they didn't get a deal already this last year and hold that against them. So I guess there is a good chance 1 or both of them do hit FA. We need to come away with 1 of them if they hit FA. That would do wonders for Becton and McGovern on the OL. Move Elf to RG and Fant still at RT. Both those spots can be thought about in the draft if the value is there. But starting those 2 isn't bad either.

Yeah I think if we have Becton, Thuney/Schreff and McGovern that’s three top quality players. For me I’d resign Elf and keep Fant at RT and keep developing Edoga and Clarke to hopefully come in and play in the future. 

The Jets have no need to draft in round 1 an OL. The Jets can go two ways, first draft one of the top WR's in Smith and Chase and a CB  the Jets could grab 2 blue chip players in round 1.  In round 2 grab a OLB/ILB, in round 3 RB and TE.

17 hours ago, Big T said:

The Jets have no need to draft in round 1 an OL. The Jets can go two ways, first draft one of the top WR's in Smith and Chase and a CB  the Jets could grab 2 blue chip players in round 1.  In round 2 grab a OLB/ILB, in round 3 RB and TE.

A lot of what you suggest depends largely on what happens before the draft with free agency. We may not need all of those pieces by the time the draft rolls around if we can land some quality/value free agents at key positions.