Journey to Ring 3: Club Evaluation & Building Another Champion

DreamKid

5 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

We won’t go for either. I’m telling y’all we’re destined to pinch pennies and go AJ Green and Rick Wagner. 

Oh I don't disagree. Was just stating my opinion on the top dollar options. I don't mind Rick in.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

Oh I don't disagree. Was just stating my opinion on the top dollar options. I don't mind Rick in.

No doubt, I’m down for Wagner too he was a good player for us and he can be a good couple year stopgap. 

im holding out a prayer that we find our Matt Birk this off-season. In the meantime Decosta was talking about bringing Wolfe back which I’m all for, and the way he’s talking about Brandon Williams makes me think we will be moving some money to make some cap.

Also, anyone notice it seems like the media is trying to drum up stories regarding Lamar’s upcoming contract? The likelihood we don’t sign him to top 5 money is precisely 0, the only question is if it will be cheaper than Josh Allen....

2 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Yeah at this point I see us going OL and maybe an under the radar EDGE piece in FA and drafting a WR round 1 (hopefully Bateman - think he fits what we need to a T)

If we go edge and o line in Free agency then I will be completely happy with whoever we draft. I trust the process but those holes are glaring. I do think we have some young offensive linemen who will develop but we need some more veteran presence in the mean time and it felt like closing out that Buffalo game with Lamar injured was insight into what we need to avoid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Yeah at this point I see us going OL and maybe an under the radar EDGE piece in FA and drafting a WR round 1 (hopefully Bateman - think he fits what we need to a T)

I'm with you on Bateman, where we are in the draft he is definitely the guy I want, he can separate and is an exceptional route runner. I recently saw a mock that had us taking Landon Dickerson at 27 and they had us trading back up with Jackonville for the 1st pick in the second round and taking Bateman! That would be a dream scenario.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Out of all of the big ticket FA's he seems like the most likely to be a Raven. 

Pats fan pointed out to me that Thuney has exclusively played LG. So I wonder if we'll kick Boze back over to center in an effort to patch up that wound and put Thuney where he's most comfortable. Or if Harbaugh will go with his usual methodology of "Why create turnover at multiple postions?", seeing Boze as a good LG and just wanting to leave him there.