Journey to Ring 3: Club Evaluation & Building Another Champion

DreamKid

2 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Well you'd still want an athletic player, just one who has a strong power game with the ability to collapse the pocket and condense the rush arc. 

A non athletic power rusher would be someone like Jaylon Ferguson. An athletic power rusher would be someone like Khalil Mack.

Yes I think you understand where I am coming from here. Just not a huge fan of the lanky and long speed guys off the edge. 

1 minute ago, Letsch80 said:

Yes I think you understand where I am coming from here. Just not a huge fan of the lanky and long speed guys off the edge. 

Yea I got you. Rushers with no power game can so often just be pushed past the pocket and thus- removed from the play for the 2.5 seconds where they could've been viable.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Fast guys can still get pressure quickly and/or inside - after all the spin move, speed-to-power and inside counter are all established pass rush moves

Yup. Rip, Ghost Rush, Euro Step and Dip, etc. All moves that are super viable for quicker rushers within small release windows.

10 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

I would've traded the draft for Larry Fitz once upon a time. With that said, we have no need for a 38 year old Fitz unless he's coming to be coach or something.

He can still make tough catches and really coach these young guys up. If he's coming in on a cheap contract I wouldn't hate it. 

• 2 weeks later...

So with the rumors of the Ravens pursuing Antonio Brown, if that happens, that would be an interesting route to pursue. Would essentially allow the team to focus on going edge/center in round 1 or round 2 to solidify the weaknesses on the squad.

EDIT:
QB- Lamar Jackson
RB- JK Dobbins, Gus Edwards, Justice Hill
WR- Antonio Brown, Hollywood Brown, Sammy Watkins, Devin Duvernay, Miles Boykin
TE- Mark Andrews, Nick Boyle
LT- Ronnie Stanley
LG- Bradley Bozeman
C- Creed Humphrey (Original 1st Round)
RG- Kevin Zeitler
RT- Teven Jenkins (Brown Jr 1st)
6th man- Patrick Mekari

Edge- Joseph Ossai (Brown Jr early 2nd)
Edge- Rashad Weaver (original 2nd rd pick- trade down to 3rd?)

FS- DeShon Elliot, Ar’Darius Washington (day 2/3 selections)
SS- Chuck Clark, Divine Deablo (day 2/3 selections)
————

Obviously relying on Watkins and AB would be high level risks, but the reward would certainly be very present in addressing our weapons issues on the offensive side of the ball. Even Greg Roman would be hard pressed to mess that level of talent up, we’d just need to hire a Phil Jackson to keep it all together for an entire season.

Obviously I’d be concerned about the strong possibility of implosion present with that route, however, it’d also force Roman to have to practice more pass concepts and hopefully have the passing game operating more smoothly.

There’s some Philly dream team level concerns there, but it’d certainly be quite a high level solution to our problems while also allowing us to grab some of my favorite prospects. Will be interesting to see where AB ultimately ends up.

... though I doubt it’ll be here, just interesting to ponder what would happen if all parties involved did ultimately make that decision.

Edited by diamondbull424

6 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

So with the rumors of the Ravens pursuing Antonio Brown, if that happens, that would be an interesting route to pursue. Would essentially allow the team to focus on going edge/center in round 1 or round 2 to solidify the weaknesses on the squad.

Is there a good source on this?

After a quick search all I found was something about Shannon Sharpe linking us together. So hard for me to see Harbs giving his okay on a guy like AB.

17 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Is there a good source on this?

After a quick search all I found was something about Shannon Sharpe linking us together. So hard for me to see Harbs giving his okay on a guy like AB.

That’s where I got it from. There’s no deeper source then that. Sharpe is somewhat connected to the Ravens, so if he’s hearing theres some pursuit of AB, i have reason to believe it’s either a smokescreen purposefully provided to him so as to quell any fans in the event that we ultimately don’t go WR and can thus say “hey we tried in FA and the draft and things just didn’t turn out how we liked” OR if there’s some level of actual smoke to his rumors and we indeed are considering AB as a more legitimate option.

While I’m sure it’s probably the former scenario of this being a smokescreen than the latter, in the event that it is the latter scenario and he does actually join the squad... it certainly would make for an interesting draft route. At least that’s where I was going with that.

It’s not a legitimate story, but rather just a discussion point.

• Like 1