The Carson Wentz Thread | Welcome to Wentzylvania [Race to MVP]

Phire

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

If your starting a team today, are you taking a different QB under 30 than Wentz? Because I think im taking Ginger Jesus. 

I don't think any of us would trade him for anyone, but we are biased haha.

It's really hard for anyone to not admit how good he's looked, but he needs to keep it up.

I'm super impressed by how he's been hitting on deep passes. If he keeps that up with his ability to command the offense pre-snap.... watch out.

2 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

All this only means good things for the Eagles. No way Alshon, as of yet, has earned a big payday. But that also means other teams will be reluctant to pay him a big number either. So, the Eagles could give him a reasonable, midrange offer and it might be the best he's going to get. 

I think the only real problem in this offense is the WR2. Ertz is balling out. Agholor has found a home in the slot and (as predicted) has made this offense more dynamic. Smith, who still can run, just doesn't get open enough. If you had a dangerous burner or even a Martavis Bryant (wink) the offense would be that much more explosive. 

I wouldnt be shocked if Hollins takes over for Smith before year's end. Smith is essentially on a 1-year deal he's probably gone at this point.

1 minute ago, Phire said:

Once teams shift attention to Ertz (they havent yet for some reason) I think Jeffery takes off.

They are paying attention to Ertz. Carson and Ertz have connected on a lot of tight window throws that get batted down or picked if the throw isn't perfect.

Just now, Phire said:

I wouldnt be shocked if Hollins takes over for Smith before year's end. Smith is essentially on a 1-year deal he's probably gone at this point.

Any WR we didn't draft this year is essentially on a 1 year deal.

6 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

All this only means good things for the Eagles. No way Alshon, as of yet, has earned a big payday. But that also means other teams will be reluctant to pay him a big number either. So, the Eagles could give him a reasonable, midrange offer and it might be the best he's going to get. 

I think the only real problem in this offense is the WR2. Ertz is balling out. Agholor has found a home in the slot and (as predicted) has made this offense more dynamic. Smith, who still can run, just doesn't get open enough. If you had a dangerous burner or even a Martavis Bryant (wink) the offense would be that much more explosive. 

Yep. That would be ideal. Hopefully Alshon would take a reasonable offer. He bet on himself taking a 1 year deal though, so I don't know.

I'm sure he loves playing here with Carson. That could help with his decision. I mean going from Cutler to Wentz and losing to winning are very attractive.

Don't want any part of Martavis Bryant though. He is a locker room cancer. Dude is so immature.

He'll start throwing Wentz and Pederson under the bus bc he spread the ball around.

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

It's really hard for anyone to not admit how good he's looked, but he needs to keep it up.

I'm super impressed by how he's been hitting on deep passes. If he keeps that up with his ability to command the offense pre-snap.... watch out.

I'd trade him for Watson , Hopkins, Clowney, their 2 best OL, 2 best CB's, best LB, and their 2018 and 2019 1st round picks.

3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

They are paying attention to Ertz. Carson and Ertz have connected on a lot of tight window throws that get batted down or picked if the throw isn't perfect.

You can do a lot more to take away a TE than whats currently being thrown at Zach.  I know you wont admit this but defenses are still keying on Alshon. 

Just now, Phire said:

You can do a lot more to take away a TE than whats currently being thrown at Zach.  I know you wont admit this but defenses are still keying on Alshon. 

By doing what they do to every #1 wr?

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Andrew Luck has taken a pretty crappy Colts teams to the playoffs a bunch of times.  Obviously, Wentz's upside is pretty promising, and now you have some injury concerns with Luck, but there's a pretty good argument to be made there.

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yep. That would be ideal. Hopefully Alshon would take a reasonable offer. He bet on himself taking a 1 year deal though, so I don't know.

I'm sure he loves playing here with Carson. That could help with his decision. I mean going from Cutler to Wentz and losing to winning are very attractive.

Don't want any part of Martavis Bryant though. He is a locker room cancer. Dude is so immature.

He'll start throwing Wentz and Pederson under the bus bc he spread the ball around.

You're probably right about Bryant. But my point was more the WR2 being the issue. He's almost a nonfactor. The other wideout usually has the advantage of drawing the 2nd CB and with Smith we just can't take advantage. 

2 minutes ago, BLick12 said:

Andrew Luck has taken a pretty crappy Colts teams to the playoffs a bunch of times.  Obviously, Wentz's upside is pretty promising, and now you have some injury concerns with Luck, but there's a pretty good argument to be made there.

Gotta consider the rest of the division was pretty poor when he did.

I'm also pretty worried about Luck's shoulder. That situation doesn't sound too good.

He's also 3 years and 3 months older than Wentz.

4 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

You're probably right about Bryant. But my point was more the WR2 being the issue. He's almost a nonfactor. The other wideout usually has the advantage of drawing the 2nd CB and with Smith we just can't take advantage. 

My hope is that Hollins can become a starter. He needs the reps, so we can see what we have with him.

He showed good promise in preseason and in his limited regular season reps.

Archived