The Carson Wentz Thread | Welcome to Wentzylvania [Race to MVP]

Phire

6 minutes ago, BLick12 said:
11 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I personally don't care for the whole goody two shoes thing. 

Yeah, his Tebowesque shtick is a little corny and annoying; he's also probably a bigger self-promoter which makes it worse, but he seems to have his head screwed on properly when it comes to football and making that the priority.  And I think he's just genuinely a cheeseball, so it is hard to hate on his off the field antics too much.

Yea don't love his off field persona, the brand whoring makes it hard to get to know him

At least he isn't Russell Wilson 3880552-cardboard-businessman-standing-with-a-smile-face--Stock-Photo.jpg

But I like how Wentz plays so it's whatever...I want superbowls not a mancrush
But ideally perfect world, would want both obvi :(

I'm excited about Wentz's Future. He's showed FQB qualities "Throughout" his rookie season.

Despite coming from a Div 3 school. Being thrown to Wolves as the Starter 8 days before the season! Playing behind a Revolving door on the OL and throwing to one of the worst WR core "as a whole" HANDS wise, in the NFL.

Seems to have the Right attitude. Seems to have the right work ethic. Seems to have the Full Confidence of the Entire Team/Vets! Seems according to current reports to have the intelligence to execute this Offense properly moving forward. 

Not sure what there is Not to Like.

Yes some of those drops were huge (Det, Wash, Dal) because they resulted in losses, the others we still won games. 

I don't even validate those would be 2 yard gains. If you noticed he led a few receivers into hits. 

Them first 9 weeks are against some really good defenses or some defenses that we haven't fared well against in year 1 of DougieP. 

I'm excited to see what he does with a full off-season. I feel like I typed that same line every time we were preparing for another season with Bradford but I truly believe this one is different. Carson came into last off-season "learning how to NFL" and then became the starter a week before the season. While i'm sure he was putting in his due diligence learning the playbook and working on his deficiencies I don't think he fully had a chance to embrace the starter role. This year as the starter he continues to be the first in the building  but he has also hosted WRs to train together in the offseason, participated in passing camps, and took it upon himself to hire the best outside coach available when he was not allowed contact with the team.

This year its clear from his actions that Carson has done everything to take the next step in his growth as a player as well as his growth as a team leader and QB. Hopefully it translates on the field.

3 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

I'm excited to see what he does with a full off-season. I feel like I typed that same line every time we were preparing for another season with Bradford but I truly believe this one is different. Carson came into last off-season "learning how to NFL" and then became the starter a week before the season. While i'm sure he was putting in his due diligence learning the playbook and working on his deficiencies I don't think he fully had a chance to embrace the starter role. This year as the starter he continues to be the first in the building  but he has also hosted WRs to train together in the offseason, participated in passing camps, and took it upon himself to hire the best outside coach available when he was not allowed contact with the team.

This year its clear from his actions that Carson has done everything to take the next step in his growth as a player as well as his growth as a team leader and QB. Hopefully it translates on the field.

So once? xD

But yeah, I'm excited to see what Carson does, it'll be pretty disappointing if his mechanics are still inconsistent and he's sailing a lot of balls.  He's in a pretty ideal situation to take a big step forward this year.

Wentz, who had been mostly outstanding leading up to Tuesday, struggled with the live rush and showing that despite all his intangibles, he’s still a second-year quarterback who’s susceptible to all that comes with it.

Carson Wentz, after two spectacular days, came back down to earth a little bit on Tuesday. He wasn't bad, just inconsistent. He threw an interception to Watkins during the first 11-on-11 session and then in a situational 11-on-11 period, he threw a terrible pass into double coverage that was picked off by Rasul Douglas. 

But Wentz also had some great throws too. He's really been hitting deep touch passes during this training camp and Tuesday was no exception. He hit Marcus Johnson perfectly in stride with Patrick Robinson trailing in coverage. And he should have connected with Jordan Matthews on a deep ball, but Matthews dropped it.

Archived