The Carson Wentz Thread | Welcome to Wentzylvania [Race to MVP]

Phire

3 hours ago, Phire said:

Smith and Jeffery were held out today, so not surprising that Wentz struggled a bit.

I hate this excuse.

From the sound of it he had passes thrown behind guys, underthrown balls, etc.

He should be able to pass accurately no matter who he's throwing to.

59 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I hate this excuse.

From the sound of it he had passes thrown behind guys, underthrown balls, etc.

He should be able to pass accurately no matter who he's throwing to.

Not if he's not on the same page, the receivers are running improper or bad routes, etc. Receivers play a role in how accurate the QB is too. I'm not surprised that lower caliber WRs lead to lower QB performance. I'm not saying every throw isn't Carson's fault, but again, no surprise that he takes a dip in accuracy when the top two guys aren't out. If they practiced I bet the story would be different.

52 minutes ago, Phire said:

Not if he's not on the same page, the receivers are running improper or bad routes, etc. Receivers play a role in how accurate the QB is too. I'm not surprised that lower caliber WRs lead to lower QB performance. I'm not saying every throw isn't Carson's fault, but again, no surprise that he takes a dip in accuracy when the top two guys aren't out. If they practiced I bet the story would be different.

Obviously better receivers are gonna make a QB look better and vice versa, but I think sometimes the fans are quick to blame receivers for stuff that is more on the quarterback.

Carson: "Hey i'm going to pop these pads off real quick and throw on a change of clothes and ill be over for the presser!"

Howie: "Hey hey Carson, buddy, lets maybe leave the pads on... your a working man, a mans man, your always practicing,  they want to see you in going to work, looking like your on the job, ya know what i mean!!? "

10 hours ago, Bednarik60 said:

Carson: "Hey i'm going to pop these pads off real quick and throw on a change of clothes and ill be over for the presser!"

Howie: "Hey hey Carson, buddy, lets maybe leave the pads on... your a working man, a mans man, your always practicing,  they want to see you in going to work, looking like your on the job, ya know what i mean!!? "

I don't get that impression with that don't hit me red jersey. Yet the media drilled Ricky Williams for rocking a helmet. 

12 hours ago, Bednarik60 said:

Why is he is pads for his press conference? seems a little dramatic. 

I'm assuming he'd rather knock out the media straight after practice, then shower, change and then jump through hoops? 

Makes perfect sense to me.

42 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'm assuming he'd rather knock out the media straight after practice, then shower, change and then jump through hoops? 

Makes perfect sense to me.

Yea, same. I'd rather just get it over with so it doesn't loom over me for an hour after practice. Besides, I'd imagine they shower and then maybe have some sort of close of day position meetings. I can't see the media wanting to be there from morning to night just to watch a practice and then wait for hours for some vanilla comments. 

12 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Yea, same. I'd rather just get it over with so it doesn't loom over me for an hour after practice. Besides, I'd imagine they shower and then maybe have some sort of close of day position meetings. I can't see the media wanting to be there from morning to night just to watch a practice and then wait for hours for some vanilla comments. 

eggggh seems like Howie made him do it. 

Archived