What side of the ball do we spend our first round pick on?

brownie man

What side of the ball should we spend our first round pick on?   

35 members have voted

1. 1. Offense or Defense

• Offense
    • Defense

If we draft offense in the first round I may smash something. Albeit if somehow an elite offensive talent like Waddle fell to 25 you take it. 

Free agency will be telling. We need a couple big dudes at DT, an EDGE opposite Myles, an impact 3 down starter at LB, and depth in the secondary.

6 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I’d love Jaylen Waddle we need someone on offense with sub 4.4 speed 

easily defense. 

I would love Waddle but how many snaps is he going to get on offense with what the Browns currently have at WR?

I want defense. Our 1st & 2nd rd picks could play 80%+ of the defensive snaps. I dont see Waddle doing that 1st year on the offense 

first 4 picks should be 3 defensive players and an offensive lineman 

We can prolly get a pure speed guy in the later rounds. I think we might be able to start developing WRs. I like Tarik Black from Texas. Dude played at michigan with DPJ. Dude is 6'3 and can run in the 4.4 range. He was better at Michigan than DPJ. I rather get the big bodied WRs. Someone who has a huge catch radius and a guy who can run block. 

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If we draft offense in the first round I may smash something. Albeit if somehow an elite offensive talent like Waddle fell to 25 you take it. 

Free agency will be telling. We need a couple big dudes at DT, an EDGE opposite Myles, an impact 3 down starter at LB, and depth in the secondary.

Best part is we get Andrew Billings. He would have been huge this year. 

It's defense but it also depends how the draft plays out, if offense is a much better pick then we get an offensive player.

We aren't rebuilding the defense in one draft. Hopefully we get a helpful piece or two and make a good free agent signing or two and people get healthy.

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

It’s gonna take 2 offseasons to get the defense to the same level as the offense.

I think it could only take one offseason to at least make our defense at least average, especially considering we get Delpit and Greedy back and if they prove to be the real deal.

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

It’s gonna take 2 offseasons to get the defense to the same level as the offense.

Doubt it, its going to take 1) spending on 1-2 high level FAs 2) Spending at least 6 draft picks and 3) Hiring the right DC

For example you 1) Pay Shaq Barrett/Shelby Harris. 2) Draft Nick Bolton/CB/CB and hire Wade Phillips.

Boom, you have a top 10 defense. Easy peasy.

Just now, candyman93 said:

I imagine we just run it back on offense.

However, you’re right. I need to see what happens with our guys on defense.

If we get a good DE and a LB in FA, with fully healthy Delpit, Greedy and Billing’s we can just let the draft come to us. Very deep WR class. Maybe we trade OBJ to somewhere where he can be the focus of the QB