What side of the ball do we spend our first round pick on?

brownie man

What side of the ball should we spend our first round pick on?   

35 members have voted

1. 1. Offense or Defense

• Offense
    • Defense

Obviously the d needs a lot of work, but if there's a deep threat worth picking then you take them. We need to continue evolving the offence. Putting the ball in Baker's hands with the game on the line more.

The defence won't be fixed in one offseason. But the offence can be made more potent.

The issue with our receiving core is that Landry/OBJ/Higgins are all built similarly. DPJ is fast (and 6'2") but not a burner.

We certainly need two more corners who are capable of starting. Along with Delpit coming in strong. I guess it just depends whether you value coverage over pass rush.

I think they have to go defense depending on who is sitting there.  While I would like a LB like Nick Bolton or Zaven Collins if available, I think we could end up drafting someone like Christian Barmore at 26, which would be a great pick up I think. Since all three levels of our D need help, not sure you could go wrong with any defensive player,  although I think around 26 your best bets are LB or DL instead of CB or Safety.

On offense, our only need is c/g and tall WR.

On defense, the process is to resign or release current roster, trades, fa, draft and then leftover FA’s.

The priority of needs on D will be a function of process above and BPA.

With return of Delpit and Williams will help d backs but it was the weakest part of our D.

D line is the area I believe is most important decisions.

46 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

Take BPA and pray that BPA is a defensive guy with speed

You can always trade out of that spot if the BPA isn't what you want to spend that pick on.

I think we will see a DE, DT, or LB with the first pick