Chargers hire DC Brandon Staley as HC

.Buzz

40 minutes ago, Forge said:

Sorry @jrry32

Truthfully going to be fully fascinated by this staff he puts together. I really didn't think he was going to get a job just because of that. 

Damn it, man. I literally am just finishing a mock off-season for the Rams that is based on Staley staying. There goes hours worth of work. 🙁

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I hadn't really thought about it, but yeah, keeping Steichen probably makes a certain degree of sense. I'm not sure if he was calling plays though last year. 

He might have been calling the plays, but pretty clear Lynn was telling him what to do overall (run on 1st, drain clock, etc.).   

If Steichen thought Lynn's way was the right way...well, Chargers screwed up royally.   If Steichen is going to let the reins off Herbert and Allen/Henry/Ekeler....Chargers fans are in for a treat, barring injury.

23 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I thought we were past teams hiring McVay assistants? Oof.

Why? Staley is a genius. A McVay assistant is currently leading the team that just knocked McVay out of the playoffs and punched itself a ticket to the NFCCG.

• Like 1

Daboll is better off staying in Buffalo for another year. No offense to Eagles and Texans fans, but I am not taking those jobs given the circumstances. 

something something Aaron Rodgers something something

Lafleur had a lot do with Rodgers playing so well this year. 

Edited by game3525
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

something something Aaron Rodgers something something

This is a QB-driven league. The remaining QBs in the playoffs are Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes, and Allen. It's not like the Packers underachieved with LaFleur. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I generally feel like the league has over-compensated recently, going with young offensive guys, but I really would've thought an offensive minded guy would've been the play for the sake of Herbert's development.

Who he puts together for his offensive staff will be huge, IMO.

Herbert doesn't need development really so I can see getting a guy that will just clean up the defense and put out a team that should contend in its own division with the Chiefs year to year for a while.

Tough to be a Raiders or Broncos fan with LA and KC in the driver seat.

58 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

So Rams will be having their third DC in just as many seasons right? 

Thrilled? No. But it's better to lose your DC because he's great than keep a DC who sucks lol. Hopefully, McVay makes another inspired choice.