2020 NFC Championship - Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Green Bay Packers

DigInBoys

Who will win?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Bucs
    • Packers

it wasnt a penalty or a couple, it was missed opportunities and that blown play at the end of half.
how do you go 3 and out twice right after 2 interceptions.

how do you call 3 straight passes and a fg there without running to make an easy 5yd td pass?

bad playcalling on both sides of the ball

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DannyB said:

another stunning post.

Thank you! So you agree you don’t understand football. Quite odd, but it’s good you’ve accepted it. I’m proud of you champ! Keep up the good work!

Edited by Chiefer
  • Like 1

As a post-mortem:

-GB's coverage outside of Alexander was a major weakness.  Yes, they got 3 INT's, but 2 of them were just horrible throws by Brady (the 3rd was a great blitz call).    I think TAM ended up being 7 for 11 (or 8 for 12) on 3rd down. 

-ARod played with so much heart.   I know ppl will say somehow he didn't win, and that's on him - it's not.   GB's D and Lafleur's game management (and Kevin King deserves special mention) cost them.  But that's football - your weakest links sometimes are more important than your best players.  It's why the better teams usually win vs. star-led teams.   And why the MVP has yet to win again in another year.

As for TAM, let's give credit where it's due:

-TAM's pass rush was amazing today, they gave the GB D fits.  Remember when I said this was a problem in Week 6?   Well, this was one area that didn't change much.

-TAM's D played heroically - they stuffed the run consistently, and more importantly, outside of MVS, they contained Adams, and they made ARod try to beat them with other guys.   And outside of MVS, GB couldn't.  It was pretty iffy for TAM once they lost Whitehead, though (he was nails today).   TAM needs at least one of Whitehead or WInfield back for the SB, their 3rd string S was abused rest of game (ideally both are back, but I will say Mike Edwards played well).   

-Vea made a few impact plays when it mattered.   His 1H was pretty meh, but once he got into it, he got inside pressure that helped both Barrett & JPP get to ARod.  With inside push, ARod couldn't step up on the last 2 sacks.  Those were both because of Vea's push.   

-TAM didn't get off to a slow start - and unlike Lafleur, Arians coached to win (that 1H gamble and Lafleur's FG decision just sit in stark contrast). 

-I will also say the talk about cold weather and refs proved to be smoke.    Yes, they dropped balls, but it was seeing defenders coming (Godwin & Johnson 1H), or bad timing (Evans).   They also made clutch catches when it mattered (Godwin's 50-50 ball, Johnson's 3rd down conversion).   They matched and exceeded GB's intensity in the trenches, and in the 4Q.  And when it mattered, Succop was clutch.   

The crazy thing for TAM - they now get 2 weeks to get Winfield back (no idea on Whitehead), AB back, Vea with 2 more weeks of conditioning, and a HUGE X factor - 20K+ fans, and playing at home.    If it's KC, they deserve to be the dog - but make no mistake, they were the most balanced team out of the 4 left.   That matters a ton.  Hats off to the Bucs, they earned this W.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

More an issue w/ the culture than specifically Brady, but this man throws for maybe 50 yards and 3 INTs in the 2nd half, and they won in spite of him due to insane defense, but all we'll hear about is Brady's greatness, with the Bucs D/Packers offense shortcomings as the secondary story... Always been this way, but never gets less annoying.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

weird point given how many starters opted out and their best receiver was hurt all year and their 2 other best players sat out games due to covid and the rest of the team couldn't practice 

just a real weird season to look at belichick and think you could bring him down a peg 

Not what I'm trying to so here. I think what I just said can be applied to ALL coaches and BB is better than most.

Just now, TitanSlim said:

Getting to a Super Bowl is so hard yet this guy makes it to one for about half his career. Truly sickening stuff.

It really is. It’s like he’s running his own madden simulation in real life. It’s so sick it’s so good. But I’ve grown to admire hard work and success. If he can do can I! 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

I still got people arguing with me about how this wasn't a penalty 

May be an image of football and text that says 'People LOVE controversy but there's no controversy here. This is absolutely a penalty. FOX CHAMPIONSHIP N'

A screen makes injustice to this hold. He held that shirt stretched up him for full 3 seconds with his left hand THEN he switched hands later and held with the right hand. Seriously. Not joking haha, I can make a gif later.

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

I still got people arguing with me about how this wasn't a penalty 

May be an image of football and text that says 'People LOVE controversy but there's no controversy here. This is absolutely a penalty. FOX CHAMPIONSHIP N'

I haven't paid attention much but I literally haven't seen anyone saying it's not a penalty; I think people's argument has been the consistency of the call in this game, not the call itself.

3 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Lmao. Bro comes in guns blazing! Pounding his chest. At the second most winningest QB behind Brady. Lmao. Bro I can’t make this up. 

Bro may need an outlet, is all I'm saying. So Bro may need a win, let's allow Bro have this little internet message board victory. 😉

• Like 1

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

I haven't paid attention much but I literally haven't seen anyone saying it's not a penalty; I think people's argument has been the consistency of the call in this game, not the call itself.

I didn't say here, I think everyone here is mature enough to realize that it was a blatant call regardless of what calls were mssed or made earlier