2020 NFC Championship - Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Green Bay Packers

DigInBoys

Who will win?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Bucs
    • Packers

Sorry Packer fans.  I've been saving that picture for quite a while and decided I better use it while I've got the chance.  Once Rodgers retires I'll like your team more again.  He just beat up on my team too many times over the years.  Good luck in the game anyway.  :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChazStandard said:

I love how this thread has already devolved into Packers fans complaining about being doubted despite the fact they’re winning the poll 65-35. It’s the 1 seed at home to the 5 seed guys, most people expect you to win, stop jumping down the throats of every TB who dares suggest they have a shot.

People love to force the “you all doubted us!” narrative, even when GB has been a SB pick since before Halloween, and TB were written off (many doubting they’d even make the playoffs) after the KC game.

A lot of Packers fans are feeling their oats and you can't blame them.

It could end up being a runaway for GB but I wouldn't count on it. Say what you will about luck and turnovers but TB put up 31 and 30 the last two weeks against the 4th and 5th best scoring defense, and gained more than 800 yards total against the 2nd and 4th best defenses in yards allowed.

And with GB just putting up points with ease against the No. 1 scoring and yards allowed defense, I'd be surprised if this was anything but a close back-and-forth high-scoring game, unless it's extremely windy.

Edited by childofpudding

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

This reminds me of the 2010 season when we were confident against Atlanta and everyone on here was like "they beat you in the regular season and will again y u so confident?!"

Wonder who takes Brady INT back for 6 on Sunday. Savage? King?

How bout last year, were they saying the same thing?

• Like 1

I do agree GB will have to rely on the pass more in this game, not only due to TB's great DLine, but also if Dillon is out. I also agree they'll have to be near flawless to win. I'd say this game is a toss up and should be very close. The cold won't matter. Brady is used to it. As a Packer fan, I would be disappointed, but not surprised, if TB wins. I'd only be surprised if either team blows the other team out. 

7 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Sorry Packer fans.  I've been saving that picture for quite a while and decided I better use it while I've got the chance.  Once Rodgers retires I'll like your team more again.  He just beat up on my team too many times over the years.  Good luck in the game anyway.  :)

Yeah but it’s the decades of him beating up on your team and Favre beating up on your team that allowed you to move on to be a fan of a new team. He gave you new life and hope! You should be supportive of someone like that sir! 

5 hours ago, childofpudding said:

A lot of Packers fans are feeling their oats and you can't blame them.

It could end up being a runaway for GB but I wouldn't count on it. Say what you will about luck and turnovers but TB put up 31 and 30 the last two weeks against the 4th and 5th best scoring defense, and gained more than 800 yards total against the 2nd and 4th best defenses in yards allowed.

And with GB just putting up points with ease against the No. 1 scoring and yards allowed defense, I'd be surprised if this was anything but a close back-and-forth high-scoring game, unless it's extremely windy.

Did TB's offense really look that good against the Saints? I think turnovers gifted TB most of those points. 

3 hours ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Did TB's offense really look that good against the Saints? I think turnovers gifted TB most of those points. 

They didn't play great against the Saints but they were decent considering the defense they were playing. The Bucs regularly moved the ball on them. They had three drives of over 60 yards for FGs with one that should have been a TD but for a drop by Godwin , a 40-yard TD drive off a turnover and then, yes, two much shorter TD drives off turnovers.

FO had TB's offensive DVOA for the game at 28%. Only two teams - GB at 61% (!) and KC at 29% were higher.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2021/week-19-dvoa-ratings

Also, the team's weighted offensive DVOA, which looks at the whole season but weighs later games with more importance, actually went up from 26% to 27.2%. Now, that increase could be in part due to putting less importance on TB's poor performances earlier in the regular season. But its one-game offensive DVOA of 28% against NO was higher than its weighted offensive DVOA of 26% the previous week, so its performance against the Saints had some part in that increase as well.

I would say that if TB fans were to be nervous, it would be about their defense. By DVOA they did not play well against WAS and had a good DVOA against NO in large part to the turnovers they forced, something you can't expect will happen against GB. Not a decent formula for going against the best QB in the league running the best offense in the league. I do think TB's D matches up well but GB's offense is an absolute juggernaut right now.

Edited by childofpudding
  • Like 1

Weather will be very huge. Brady, Gronk, Suh, and JPP are used to this winter weather. But a lot of the players having said that are not. Could be a huge factor

Plus father time has not caught up with Rodgers. He is the main guy for MVP of the league this year. Unlike sadly Brees that likely has played his very last game.

Turnovers are what killed the Saints there.