2020 NFC Championship - Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Green Bay Packers

DigInBoys

Who will win?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Bucs
    • Packers

Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers.

I think I am right in saying (I haven't bothered to check for sure) that none of the 4 teams left have turned the ball over a single time yet in the Playoffs.

EDIT: No I had that wrong 😆

Bucs fumbled against the WFT and Henne of course threw that punt down the field.

Edited by JonMcC2018

1 hour ago, JPPT1974 said:

Weather will be very huge. Brady, Gronk, Suh, and JPP are used to this winter weather. But a lot of the players having said that are not. Could be a huge factor

Eh even if you have played or lived it in the past it takes awhile to assimilate the body back to the cold. You don't just move away from cold weather to a play somewhere significantly warmer for a year and then go back to 20 degrees and are OK immediately. I don't think it will be a huge factor but even guys like Brady are not going to be used to the cold like they just popped out of there homes playing for the Patriots. 

16 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Eh even if you have played or lived it in the past it takes awhile to assimilate the body back to the cold. You don't just move away from cold weather to a play somewhere significantly warmer for a year and then go back to 20 degrees and are OK immediately. I don't think it will be a huge factor but even guys like Brady are not going to be used to the cold like they just popped out of there homes playing for the Patriots. 

TAM played in WFT with game temp in the mid-high 30's and 20MPH northerly winds - creating a wind chill of about 27-28 degrees.   With the forecasted wind in Lambeau, gametime windchill will end up being about 16-17 degrees.   I'm not really sure the above argument holds, given this is a team with a lot of cold weather games on their resume for their OL, DL, and skill position players. 

It's not the '82 Chargers going to CIN for the Freezer Bowl, with a 120 degree difference with no prior cold weather games that year.

Edited by Broncofan

1 hour ago, JonMcC2018 said:

Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers.

I think I am right in saying (I haven't bothered to check for sure) that none of the 4 teams left have turned the ball over a single time yet in the Playoffs.

EDIT: No I had that wrong 😆

Bucs fumbled against the WFT and Henne of course threw that punt down the field.

In 2 of our 3 losses this year it was turnovers that did us in, especially against Indy in week 11.  Against Tampa in October two uncharacteristic pick 6's by Rodgers was a contributing factor there too.

11 hours ago, DigInBoys said:

Why do most lean Packers when the Bucs destroyed them earlier this year?

1. To start the 1st QTR the Packers jumped out to a 10 point lead and were driving a 3rd time when the back to back INT occurred. This just simply doesn't happen to Rodgers no matter who we are playing. Great plays by the Bucs but Rodgers does not turn the ball over like that and money is on that he won't turn the ball over like that in the next game. 

2. We lost Bahk by the 2nd quarter. This threw off our entire line not really due to talent but the Bucs blitzed consistently and the Packers were consistently out of position picking it up. That line has since gelled considerably and I expect them to be better picking up the TB blitzes and pass rush even without Bahk. 

3. The defense is playing considerably better and more aggressive over the 2nd half of the year. After the Colts loss its well known that the defensive leaders had a meeting with Pettine and Pettine seemingly changed the scheme to allow the playmakers to be playmakers. Since then the majority of teams played haven't scored over 20. The only ones that have were in extreme garbage time 

4. I know this is extremely subjective and probably stupid but this team just seems special compared to other Packer teams that have made the NFC championship game over the last 10 years. Something about the way Rodgers is playing/acting and the team completely in step gives them that quality that I think other Packers teams have lacked. It just seems like he is not going to lose this game. I think it means more to him then Brady at this point. Once again this point is extremely subjective and not based on any stats I understand that.....

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

TAM played in WFT with game temp in the mid-high 30's and 20MPH northerly winds - creating a wind chill of about 27-28 degrees.   With the forecasted wind in Lambeau, gametime windchill will end up being about 16-17 degrees.   I'm not really sure the above argument holds, given this is a team with a lot of cold weather games on their resume for their OL, DL, and skill position players. 

It's not the '82 Chargers going to CIN for the Freezer Bowl, with a 120 degree difference with no prior cold weather games that year.

I agree but WFT are not the GBP. High 30s isn't that cold either. I don't think the cold will be a big factor but I think it is a small factor in the bigger story. 

19 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

sw10_bradytom_22_39348951.jpg

There won't be a player in the league that has played more games in freezing temperatures. He may not live in it now, but he's spent about the same amount of time away from it as any GB Packer does in the off-season when they escape back to California. 

Won't be an issue for Tom. It may be for others though, I agree it's a thing

5 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

Yeah but it’s the decades of him beating up on your team and Favre beating up on your team that allowed you to move on to be a fan of a new team. He gave you new life and hope! You should be supportive of someone like that sir! 

That may have been a small part of it, but it was mainly the playoff losses that were killers for me with the Vikings.  We only played the Packers twice during those decades and we were tied in our playoff contests with one win apiece so that wasn't too bad.  The regular season rivalry with your Packers will actually be one of the things I miss the most, though.  The banter back and forth with you guys has been pretty fun.  You're a good group of guys (edit. and gals (sorry Pugger)) and you are also very knowledgeable about the game.

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

That may have been a small part of it, but it was mainly the playoff losses that were killers for me with the Vikings.  We only played the Packers twice during those decades and we were tied in our playoff contests with one win apiece so that wasn't too bad.  The rivalry with your Packers will actually be one of the things I miss the most.  The banter back and forth with you guys has been pretty fun.  You're a good group of guys and you are also very knowledgeable about the game.

I thought (and still do) it was a terrible decision to play all your* home games in a warm indoor arena. Make the snow game your identity and your 12th man like Seattle has with noise. It would be a dreadful place to play if you're a west coast or southern team and I think MIN would win more games.

*your ex ;) 

1 minute ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I thought (and still do) it was a terrible decision to play all your* home games in a warm indoor arena. Make the snow game your identity and your 12th man like Seattle has with noise. It would be a dreadful place to play if you're a west coast or southern team and I think MIN would win more games.

*your ex ;) 

You could be right.  A lot of Vikings fans are of the same opinion.  It absolutely was an advantage back in the days of the Metropolitan Stadium out in the cold back in Bud Grant's days.

2 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Plus snow games are great to watch

Snow games are fun to go to also!   I attended the Snow Bowl against Tampa at Lambeau back in 1985.  We couldn't get our car out of the garage so we took a bus from a neighborhood tavern.  Cold rainy games are the worst.  I endured a soaker like that when we played the 49ers in a playoff game sometime in the 90s and it took me the rest of the week to dry out.  😛

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

I agree but WFT are not the GBP. High 30s isn't that cold either. I don't think the cold will be a big factor but I think it is a small factor in the bigger story. 

If there's an angle for the weather - kicking would be the biggest area IMO.   Succop has played in KC for some very cold games, but if there's anyone who could be affected where it makes an impact, missed FG's/XP's is an angle I can buy.   Just don't see a big impact elsewhere with a 10-12 degree difference from a game played less than 2 weeks ago, with a team whose OL/DL and skill positions have played in cold weather a lot in their past.     

Edited by Broncofan