2020 NFC Championship - Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Green Bay Packers

DigInBoys

Who will win?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Bucs
    • Packers

2 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

That ball wasn't even catchable, it sailed 5 yards over Tyler Johnson's head and was clearly never going to be caught, so it wasn't DPI. He also flopped like a fish out of water to get the call

😂😄🤣 He was running with a Kevin King parachute, bro. Uncatchable is meaningless.

That looks like a legit hold by the O-line.

Now give us the other 80 plays looking for other holds not called.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

It's not the refs jobs to decide if it's an egregious foul or a regular foul.  A foul is a foul is a foul.  If you grab the jersey and impede the ability of the receiver to make a play on the ball as SMB did on Lazard, that's DPI.  That was DPI on Kevin King.  The problem was the refs decided early on to let the players play, which I have absolutely ZERO issues with.  The last thing I want to see is the refs get flag happy and take away the players from playing.  But then they chose in that particular situation to throw a flag despite MULTIPLE DPIs happening throughout the game?  Get out of here.  Reffing was atrocious and it wasn't one-sided either.  Billy Turner had a RIDICULOUSLY bad false start that the refs missed.

Whether you want to admit it or not, there are levels to the severity of penalties and certain refs will let things slide below a certain “threshold.

Not saying it’s right, but it’s a fact, which is why holding isn’t called every snap in the trenches when it could be.

The severity of Kings hold with the jersey stretch was just way above and beyond the earlier non calls. It would be insane for a ref to look the other way at that one because of how obvious it was in real time with the jersey pull. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KManX89 said:

That ball wasn't even catchable, it sailed 5 yards over Tyler Johnson's head and was clearly never going to be caught, so it wasn't DPI. He also flopped like a fish out of water to get the call.

They also committed an equally-blatant hold on Gary who definitely would've got the sack on Brady on the same exact play that wasn't called:

141159130_10159459645074759_856524661391

Okay, so instead of PI it would have been holding on the defense and still a first down.

Or how about both holds get called and it’s offsetting, and the Bucs probably make it the next play. 

We can play the what if game all night. 

1 minute ago, Pats#1 said:

Okay, so instead of PI it would have been holding on the defense and still a first down.

Or how about both holds get called and it’s offsetting, and the Bucs probably make it the next play. 

We can play the what if game all night. 

Given how awful Brady was in the 2nd half, this is a bold assumption.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pats#1 said:

Prove me wrong

How am I supposed to prove to you that the Buccaneers would not have converted a hypothetical situation? lol there's a chance they would, and a chance they wouldn't.

Tom Brady was 7/14 and 3 INT's in the 2nd half and was 1/3 on 3rd down conversions before the 3rd and 4 Kevin King DPI call. What "proof" are you looking for here?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

How am I supposed to prove to you that the Buccaneers would not have converted a hypothetical situation? lol there's a chance they would, and a chance they wouldn't.

Tom Brady was 7/14 and 3 INT's in the 2nd half and was 1/3 on 3rd down conversions before the 3rd and 4 Kevin King DPI call. What "proof" are you looking for here?

You’re proving the original point of my post, reread it, especially the last sentence.

2 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

You’re proving the original point of my post, reread it, especially the last sentence.

You said: "The Bucs probably make it on the next play"

I said: "Given how awful Brady was in the 2nd half, this is a bold assumption."

And it is. Tom Brady was statistically not playing well AND not converting 3rd downs in the 2nd half. Saying they "probably" make it, given those factors, is a bold assumption.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

You said: "The Bucs probably make it on the next play"

I said: "Given how awful Brady was in the 2nd half, this is a bold assumption."

And it is. Tom Brady was statistically not playing well AND not converting 3rd downs in the 2nd half. Saying they "probably" make it, given those factors, is a bold assumption.

The GOAT getting 4 must have 4 yards with the weapons he has. I’m betting on him in a single must win play. I don’t think it’s bold at all.

If King didn’t hold the receiver they very well may have converted it and they would have been 2/4 in the second half.

How about this instead, offsetting penalties, TB runs and doesn’t get it but GB has to use their last TO and now a stagnant offense has to drive 80 yards and score a TD, which they fail at.

You seem to be purposefully ignoring the point lol

9 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

Not to mention GBs left tackle starting a half second early on every snap.

David Bakhtiari appears to do this all the time, but really how much of an advantage is gained?....It's not an egregious, game changing infraction, as compared to grabbing a receiver while the pass is coming his way...Troy Aikman identified the infraction before they even replayed the down...IF he can see it sitting in the booth, one ref on the field certainly should have as well....

1 minute ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

David Bakhtiari appears to do this all the time, but really how much of an advantage is gained?....It's not an egregious, game changing infraction, as compared to grabbing a receiver while the pass is coming his way...Troy Aikman identified the infraction before they even replayed the down...IF he can see it sitting in the booth, one ref on the field certainly should have as well....

Getting a consistent head start on a pass rusher within defense that heavily depends on QB pressure to succeed.....I’d say that’s a pretty big advantage.

But again, they weren’t calling anything in the trenches all game, so stuff like that you just adapt to. 

Edited by Pats#1

I read this a few days ago and needless to say this didn't age well. 

Ouch. Not a good look. I wonder how feels now?

Packers WR out to prove Rodgers, not Brady, is the 'GOAT'

The big difference? Rodgers only has one Super Bowl title to Brady's six.

Brady vs. Rodgers history: How the two QBs have fared head-to-head

To Adams, that stat shouldn't settle the 'GOAT' debate. But if that's what it comes down to, the four-time Pro Bowler wants to "shut the world up" by getting Rodgers his second ring.

"I think we all want it equally for ourselves, which ends up getting Aaron one in the end. But he definitely deserves it," Adams said on Wednesday. "It's a tough thing, because you look at Brady, everybody wants to make that comparison forever. So it's basically turned into a quarterback stat, a Super Bowl.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/packers-davante-adams-wants-prove-aaron-rodgers-not-tom-brady-goat

'GOA

I'll never understand this. Fans get all up in arms when refs throw a flag for ticky-tack calls but when the refs do let both teams play then fans want heads to roll over those same type of calls. Make up your minds. You can't have it both ways. It's not always fair but I much prefer the latter. 

The refs called a fair game....they could've called plays on both teams. And maybe that could've turned the tides....who knows.  But I do know that if the Packers win then their fans would be defending the refs saying the very same thing that most of us are saying and that the refs were letting them play. 

Packers fans are complaining about calls (during a game where the refs were letting them play). But what you should be complaining about is;

1) How your defense couldn't stop the Bucs on 3rd down all game and allowed them to complete 9 of 14. Including allowing them to go 7-9 in the 1st half and

2) How your defense allowed them to convert on a 4th down that set up 40 yard TD pass to go up two possessions to end the half. 

3) How your offense went 3 and out and couldn't capitalize on TWO consecutive Brady interceptions. 

4) How WR Brown dropped a pass on a 2pt conversion. 

5) How Lefleur decided to only run the ball with Williams, Jones, and Dillon a total 16 times and pass the ball 50 times. 

6) (extension from #5) Then Lefluer decided to kick a FG the ball instead of passing it...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

Screenshots of supposed offensive holding penalties will always be the worst possible argument.

Yeah. Using screenshots in 2021 to prove a point is hilarious.

That said, he did get held but the refs have been very lenient on holding calls all season long. Not just this game or the playoffs. Calls in the trenches in general. 

Edited by JAF-N72EX