Who will win?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Bucs
    • Packers

7 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

You said: "The Bucs probably make it on the next play"

I said: "Given how awful Brady was in the 2nd half, this is a bold assumption."

And it is. Tom Brady was statistically not playing well AND not converting 3rd downs in the 2nd half. Saying they "probably" make it, given those factors, is a bold assumption.

Careful, not allowed to say Brady didn't play well. Fans of a completely unrelated team get all worked up...

• Like 2

16 hours ago, KManX89 said:

And not only that, but they didn't call a BLATANT hold on Rashan Gary on the same play.

Absolutely desperate. The screenshot might make it look like it, but you're allowed to try and redirect players past the QB. At no point was there a pulling or holding motion there. You gotta get over it. 

3 hours ago, BigTrav said:

Careful, not allowed to say Brady didn't play well. Fans of a completely unrelated team get all worked up...

lol

It has nothing to do with Brady, he was down right awful in the 2nd half.

I was making a point that you can play the what if game and create any scenario you want when complaining about a call/non-call.

On 1/25/2021 at 1:26 PM, KManX89 said:

And not only that, but they didn't call a BLATANT hold on Rashan Gary on the same play.

https://twitter.com/geoffschwartz/status/1348823879217795072?s=20

It’s literally stated in the NFL rule book that a rip move isn’t holding and in the NCAA rule book it says “when an opponent squats/ducks” (rip move is that)

Erf8Kw4W4AEq4M3?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edit: not sure how to embed tweets but rulebook literally allows that. That was not holding.

Edited by LaFellSBXLIXMVP
Embed prints

Neither OL got called for holding the entire game.  Shaq was getting around the corner with the RT holding on.  Consistent for both sides.

In the secondary, refs were allowing the hand fighting, grabbing onto receivers past 5 yds, and the tugs around the shoulder pads.  Both teams did this throughout the game.

As mentioned earlier, King s grab of Johnson s shirt and turning it into a cape was too blatant.  At least with all the tugs allowed by the shoulder pads the DBs are a lot closer then King.  King is in a trail position losing ground and is desperate to stop Johnson from getting farther ahead.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

lol

It has nothing to do with Brady, he was down right awful in the 2nd half.

I was making a point that you can play the what if game and create any scenario you want when complaining about a call/non-call.

When's the username change happening?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I'll never understand this. Fans get all up in arms when refs throw a flag for ticky-tack calls but when the refs do let both teams play then fans want heads to roll over those same type of calls. Make up your minds. You can't have it both ways. It's not always fair but I much prefer the latter. 

The refs called a fair game....they could've called plays on both teams. And maybe that could've turned the tides....who knows.  But I do know that if the Packers win then their fans would be defending the refs saying the very same thing that most of us are saying and that the refs were letting them play. 

Packers fans are complaining about calls (during a game where the refs were letting them play). But what you should be complaining about is;

1) How your defense couldn't stop the Bucs on 3rd down all game and allowed them to complete 9 of 14. Including allowing them to go 7-9 in the 1st half and

2) How your defense allowed them to convert on a 4th down that set up 40 yard TD pass to go up two possessions to end the half. 

3) How your offense went 3 and out and couldn't capitalize on TWO consecutive Brady interceptions. 

4) How WR Brown dropped a pass on a 2pt conversion. 

5) How Lefleur decided to only run the ball with Williams, Jones, and Dillon a total 16 times and pass the ball 50 times. 

6) (extension from #5) Then Lefluer decided to kick a FG the ball instead of passing it...

Honestly, this post right here is it. I wanted the Pack to win, but the reality is they squandered their opportunities, the refs didn’t cost them the game.

You could’ve also added:

Rodgers missing a wide open Lazard in the end zone down 14-7 on 3rd and goal.

Rodgers not tucking the ball and running when it looked like he had an open path to the end zone down 31-23.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

The GOAT getting 4 must have 4 yards with the weapons he has. I’m betting on him in a single must win play. I don’t think it’s bold at all.

If King didn’t hold the receiver they very well may have converted it and they would have been 2/4 in the second half.

How about this instead, offsetting penalties, TB runs and doesn’t get it but GB has to use their last TO and now a stagnant offense has to drive 80 yards and score a TD, which they fail at.

You seem to be purposefully ignoring the point lol

The GOAT also just needed to play maybe average and to not blow an 18(?) point lead by throwing 3 INT's in the 2nd half and couldn't even do that, but sure go ahead and pretend that it's completely unreasonable for GB's pass defense to stop him on 3rd and 4 when they had already done so 3 times in the 2nd half, and had just done so again had the referees not completely contradicted the way they'd called the game up to that point.

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The GOAT also just needed to play maybe average and to not blow an 18(?) point lead by throwing 3 INT's in the 2nd half and couldn't even do that, but sure go ahead and pretend that it's completely unreasonable for GB's pass defense to stop him on 3rd and 4 when they had already done so 3 times in the 2nd half, and had just done so again had the referees not completely contradicted the way they'd called the game up to that point.

I never said it was unreasonable to say they would get the stop lol, I said you could play the what if game all day to fit whatever narrative you want.

You need me to draw you a picture?

Edited by Pats#1

3 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

I never said it was unreasonable to say they would get the stop lol, I said you could play the what if game all day to fit whatever narrative you want.

You need me to draw you a picture?

Nobody's really playing a "what if" game here except you lol the Packers defense got the stop they needed on 3rd and 4, and the referees gave the game to Tom Brady on the spot by throwing a flag they hadn't thrown for either side all game. 

The "what if" game comes in when you said the Bucs would "probably" get the first down if they replayed it again, despite the fact that I already mentioned how bad Brady was playing in the 2nd half AND he had just air-mailed another 3rd down throw, which would've made him 1/4 on 3rd downs in the 2nd half to go on top of 3 INT's....