2020 NFC Championship - Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Green Bay Packers

DigInBoys

Who will win?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Bucs
    • Packers

The Top four teams in Passing DVOA since Week 10 with  (W/L record over that span)

1. Packers  (8-1)
2. Buccaneers ( 7-2)
3. Bills  (8-1)
4. Chiefs  (7-1)

Pretty amazing to see how well Passing DVOA matches up the the conference championship participants. Weeks 1-9 is figuring things out and then the good teams go on a run to close out the reg. season on a roll

1 minute ago, Shanedorf said:

The Top four teams in Passing DVOA since Week 10 with  (W/L record over that span)

1. Packers  (8-1)
2. Buccaneers ( 7-2)
3. Bills  (8-1)
4. Chiefs  (7-1)

Pretty amazing to see how well Passing DVOA matches up the the conference championship participants. Weeks 1-9 is figuring things out and then the good teams go on a run to close out the reg. season on a roll

It also cements the belief that the days of being run-first are how you win playoffs games is likely outdated.  You need balance for sure - teams like PIT show that lack of a run game just gives the pass game no margin for error, and makes it easier for D's to neutralize, especially come playoff time.   But what BUF & CLE did last week, also shows if you have to choose between a great pass game / weak run game and a great run game / weak pass game - nowadays, great pass games give you a better chance to win games vs. good teams.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

1. Packers  (8-1)
2. Buccaneers ( 7-2)
3. Bills  (8-1)
4. Chiefs  (7-1)

I want to @ everyone in the various threads whining about me using DVOA now lol

Just now, rthom348 said:

What would be your game plan for Davante? 

I’d simply bracket him every snap with a safety over him. Shade the safety on in routes/slants wherever he is lined up. Every snap sounds extreme but realistically obvious pass downs. Bucs used that strategy against Adam Theilen and Justin Jefferson and it worked albeit we got gutted by Cook.

8 minutes ago, indifference said:

I’d simply bracket him every snap with a safety over him. Shade the safety on in routes/slants wherever he is lined up. Every snap sounds extreme but realistically obvious pass downs. Bucs used that strategy against Adam Theilen and Justin Jefferson and it worked albeit we got gutted by Cook.

A lot of teams have tried that against Davante the past 2-3 seasons. He can be contained for sure if you're committing two or three defenders to him every snap like you suggest. 

The problem is that it will be completely moot unless the Bucs dominate the LOS. That's their best strategy to stop Adams.

If you're rooting for the Bucs, the LOS is everything in this game. Only way to stop GB is to not allow them to even run their plays. Because if they do run the plays they want, they're going to gash Tampa. Especially if you're now playing 8-9 vs 10 (if they utilize your strategy). 

I really see absolutely no way the Bucs can win this game unless they once again destroy GB up front. And I definitely meant "destroy." Playing pretty well up front won't be enough. 

Cheers to hopefully a competitive game filled with clutch moments!

Edited by rthom348

10 minutes ago, indifference said:

Another issue is that there aren't many "obvious" pass downs for GB. Their run plays and pass plays all look the same. Then they mix in constant motion pre-snap. I think they ran a motion on like 70% of their plays last week. 

So once again, its all about the LOS. Keep the Packers in 3rd and long situations, and your plan may have the effect you're lookin' for. Packers are one of, if not the best, on 3rd down. 

On 1/17/2021 at 9:30 PM, Plat2 said:

Isn't Rodgers like 0-3 against Brady?

On 1/17/2021 at 10:10 PM, SkippyX said:

Rodgers missed 2010 (Brady beat Flynn)

Rodgers beat Brady in 2014.

Brady beat Rodgers in 2018.

Brady beat Rodgers this year in Tampa

On 1/17/2021 at 9:35 PM, flyers0909 said:

I think 1-2. 

On 1/17/2021 at 9:36 PM, BearFromArgentina said:

No, he is 1-2

Say it after me, wins are not a QB stat. Wins are a team stat.

• Like 1

Pitcher, Goalie, QB are all judged by the wins stat.

• There are some in baseball who discount pitcher wins when voting for MVP
  • Its not a thing in Football or Hockey.

I guess you could pretend TDs are worth 5 points and FGs are worth 4 and have your own alternate reality SB champions too if you really want.