2020 NFC Championship - Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Green Bay Packers

DigInBoys

Who will win?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Bucs
    • Packers

4 hours ago, rthom348 said:

Another issue is that there aren't many "obvious" pass downs for GB. Their run plays and pass plays all look the same. Then they mix in constant motion pre-snap. I think they ran a motion on like 70% of their plays last week. 

So once again, its all about the LOS. Keep the Packers in 3rd and long situations, and your plan may have the effect you're lookin' for. Packers are one of, if not the best, on 3rd down. 

“obvious” pass down implies GB tendencies based on this season/film study not just third downs. GB is first in the NFL on pass attempts on first down. Near 60% on the year

Hoping Bowles gets this defense ready this Sunday

2 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Pitcher, Goalie, QB are all judged by the wins stat.

• There are some in baseball who discount pitcher wins when voting for MVP
  • Its not a thing in Football or Hockey.

I guess you could pretend TDs are worth 5 points and FGs are worth 4 and have your own alternate reality SB champions too if you really want.

So the Top 5 Best QBs of all-time include Daryle Lamonica and Otto Graham right?

Right?

2 hours ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

So the Top 5 Best QBs of all-time include Daryle Lamonica and Otto Graham right?

Right?

I get that he's saying championships are part of the criteria, but it's interesting that these would be the GOATS based solely on championships:

1) Otto Graham, Cleveland (7)

2) Tom Brady, New England (6)

3) Bart Starr, Green Bay (5)

4t) Joe Montana, San Francisco (4)

4t) Terry Bradshaw, Pittsburgh (4)

4t) Arnie Herber, Green Bay (4)

4t) Sid Luckman, Chicago (4)

9 hours ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

Right?

Whenever I see someone trying to pretend that the other 52 players and multiple coaches on a team don't exist, it's an immediate red flag to pay no attention to them. 

The same goes for media hype. Federer vs Nadal is a thing, Mayweather vs Pacquiao was a thing... Rodgers vs Brady isn't. Green Bay vs Tampa Bay however, is. 

Edited by Billy86
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, SkippyX said:

A list made by people who give wins to QBs like MLB does to pitchers.   If his teammates didn't play well in NE there is no way Brady has all that jewelry.  For example he won one ring against Seattle when one of the DBs on his team made a spectacular play at the goal line near the end of the game.  If that play isn't made there is a chance NE loses that one.  Football is the ultimate team sport.

10 hours ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

Right?

Obviously not but let me use this post to talk about something I often think about. They're not top5 but there are a lot of great ones that played on a different era and set the standards for the following generations while getting paid peanuts to risk their life. Those who won a lot that should be included among the greats. But apparently the new generations are so self focused and so superficial in everything that past generations achievements are often ignored or devalued.

I never understood this concept of putting in the top10 of all time every good QB that benefited from the rules changing to boost Offenses in the late 2000's. Can't have 5 or even 6 Qbs from the same generation in the top10. That's incredibly shortsighted.

And I say this because the new generation of QBs that will play their entire careers in a vanilla NFL will obliterate all the records set by Brady's generation and wont be fun hearing that "our" generation's of start QBs weren't that good.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, indifference said:

“obvious” pass down implies GB tendencies based on this season/film study not just third downs. GB is first in the NFL on pass attempts on first down. Near 60% on the year

I mean I guess when I see the word "obvious," I take it at face value. Even with the Packers throwing often on first down, you still will have a hard time knowing pre-snap if it's a throw or pass. If we're basing it off tendencies, that's more like a guess. Nothing about this offense is predictable nor obvious

8 minutes ago, LaFellSBXLIXMVP said:

Obviously not but let me use this post to talk about something I often think about. They're not top5 but there are a lot of great ones that played on a different era and set the standards for the following generations while getting paid peanuts to risk their life. Those who won a lot that should be included among the greats. But apparently the new generations are so self focused and so superficial in everything that past generations achievements are often ignored or devalued.

I never understood this concept of putting in the top10 of all time every good QB that benefited from the rules changing to boost Offenses in the late 2000's. Can't have 5 or even 6 Qbs from the same generation in the top10. That's incredibly shortsighted.

And I say this because the new generation of QBs that will play their entire careers in a vanilla NFL will obliterate all the records set by Brady's generation and wont be fun hearing that "our" generation's of start QBs weren't that good.

This pretty much sums up why GOAT arguments are always a complete waste of time.

12 hours ago, indifference said:

No we're not, we're 17th.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/passing-first-down-pct

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

“Green Bay’s EPA when they’re blitzed is just barely north of the standard Pass Play EPA for the NFL. However, when they aren’t blitzed, their EPA differential compared to the standard EXPLODES. Its league best.”

read that in an article and misunderstood what that meant. Fair enough

18 hours ago, indifference said:

I’d simply bracket him every snap with a safety over him. Shade the safety on in routes/slants wherever he is lined up. Every snap sounds extreme but realistically obvious pass downs. Bucs used that strategy against Adam Theilen and Justin Jefferson and it worked albeit we got gutted by Cook.

I mean, if you want to be gashed by the Packers' RB trio go right ahead.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, if you want to be gashed by the Packers' RB trio go right ahead.

I mean, Tampa was the #1 ranked run defense in football this year, and Vita Vea might be playing this Sunday...

So, don't be too assured that any gashing will take place.

• Like 1