2020 NFC Championship - Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Green Bay Packers

DigInBoys

Who will win?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Bucs
    • Packers

21 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Don't have the numbers in front of me, but I believe Rodgers' numbers are vastly superior when you blitz him then when you only rush 4.  That's the key.  If the Buccaneers can get pressure with their front 4 without blitzing, their chances of winning go up.  On top of the 2 INTs, Rodgers was sacked FOUR times against the Buccaneers which accounts for 20% of their sacks given up all season.  The Packers only gave up multiple sacks to Carolina (5) and Philadelphia (2).  If they keep Rodgers' clean and he doesn't throw any INTs, he's going to have a field day on that defense IMO.

We’ll see what Bowles decides to do. Week 6, (the blitz got home 3 times)and A Rod was out there seeing ghosts/phantom pressure. I think TB will mix it up.

1 was a coverage sack for Suh

Edited by indifference

* This is the 34th playoff appearance for the Packers, the most in NFL history after passing the cowboys, giants and steelers and that syncs up with the Packers having won the most Championships in NFL history

* It is the franchise’s 21st playoff appearance in the last 27 seasons (1993-2020).
Green Bay (36) is tied with Pittsburgh for the second most postseason wins in league history

* Green Bay has scored 1,487 points in the postseason, moving past Pittsburgh (1,478) for the most in NFL history.

Kind of a similar situation to last year for the Packers where they face a team in the conference cship game that whooped on them pretty good in the regular season. So Packers fans, are you guys feeling more confident this year or about the same? One plus is obviously having this game at home and the offense just flat out being better in year two of the s

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I hope they rush Vea back. I hope we no huddle and trap him on the field if they do. No way he's in football shape after a couple of walkthroughs. Nothing better as an OL than being lined up against a DL who's sucking wind.

I just really question how effective he's going to be.  A 350+ lb big man trying to move laterally coming off a broken ankle sounds like a recipie for failure.

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I hope they rush Vea back. I hope we no huddle and trap him on the field if they do. No way he's in football shape after a couple of walkthroughs. Nothing better as an OL than being lined up against a DL who's sucking wind.

He's been running and working out the last few weeks.

We wouldn't activate him and play him if he couldn't handle being on the field.

• Like 1

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

Running is not football shape. The amount of torque these guys are under on the OL/DL cannot be replicated. He's not in football shape.

We lost Kenny Clark for a month due to a hammy and it took him a month of playing mediocre ball before he was back to him being himself. Vea isn't going to get many snaps for that reason, this is just part of the "game" within the game because they want us to gameplan for it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

He wont be in football shape to play a whole game but him giving us 20-25 snaps as Arians said on the radio the other day...will be a huge lift

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Running is not football shape. The amount of torque these guys are under on the OL/DL cannot be replicated. He's not in football shape.

We lost Kenny Clark for a month due to a hammy and it took him a month of playing mediocre ball before he was back to him being himself. Vea isn't going to get many snaps for that reason, this is just part of the "game" within the game because they want us to gameplan for it.

Sure. We also wouldn't put him out there if he was a detriment to the team.

His game is pushing guys forward and not moving. He should be able to handle that for the 20 or so snaps BA said he wants to give him.

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Arians is going to play Vea dude. You’re in a world of surprise. This guy unleashed JPP fresh off damn neck surgery in his first regular season game. 

3 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Sure. We also wouldn't put him out there if he was a detriment to the team.

His game is pushing guys forward and not moving. He should be able to handle that for the 20 or so snaps BA said he wants to give him.

We'll see, I'd certainly try and no huddle and trap him on the field if I was playing against him.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

We'll see, I'd certainly try and no huddle and trap him on the field if I was playing against him.

For sure. But Vea isn't shooting gaps and running sideline to sideline. He's occupying space between the guards and pushing grown men backwards.

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

For sure. But Vea isn't shooting gaps and running sideline to sideline. He's occupying space between the guards and pushing grown men backwards.

Yeah and if I can get him tired, I should be able to move control him in the run game (wall him off basically, you're not going to move anyone that big) and he won't offer much push in the pass game.

I've been watching your last few games and McClendon has been playing pretty good ball. I get a 100% Vea is better, but I think McClendon will be better than the Vea we see Sunday.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

I have no doubt he will. I hope he does. He'll be playing his way into shape and not at his best.

Seems like everything going in GB's favor. Brown out. Even Vea returning is good news.

Now, just checked the spread and not sure when it happened because I'm not betting in this game (can't bet against Rodgers) but Packers moved from -3.0 to -3.5. That's somewhat big. That probably means most of the good money was on packers -3.

Just checked the weather and it seems gonna snow on Sunday. Gonna be really hard for the Bucs to win this one on Lambeau Field.