2020 NFC Championship - Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Green Bay Packers

DigInBoys

Who will win?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Bucs
    • Packers

7 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Rob Gronkowski is legitimately stupefied at the concept of reporters from various parts of the country -- or even WORLD -- being able to use the internet to talk...

Karen Guregian is a long time member of the Boston sports media

I miss him so much...

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Kind of a similar situation to last year for the Packers where they face a team in the conference cship game that whooped on them pretty good in the regular season. So Packers fans, are you guys feeling more confident this year or about the same? One plus is obviously having this game at home and the offense just flat out being better in year two of the s

Definitely, more confident. Last year we were a 10-6 team masquerading as a 13-3 team. Both the offense and defense were about average. Rodgers played well at the end of games, and we went 6-1 in one score games. All of our losses were clunkers that exposed us. This year, the one bad game looks like an aberration. Even the other two losses were explainable. Loss on a fumble in OT at a good Colts team. We lost to the Vikings when there were 40 mph wind gusts (hard to pass effectively in those conditions), and we were playing against Dalvin Cook and didn't have Aaron Jones. People that live in Green Bay told me the wind was about as bad as they've ever been in Green Bay for a game.

This year, the offense is clicking. Playcalling has been top notch. We have a nice three headed monster at RB. Statistically, the defense isn't much better. However, it's a young defense that's played much better in the second half of the year.

It's a tossup though. Tampa Bay has a lot of talent and they have Tom Brady, and I don't trust our special teams. I'd feel a better if Tyler Ervin were returning punts and kicks.

Edited by TheEagle
Typo
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

LOL

Maybe we can go with this one instead:
Tom Brady has never played in the cold of Lambeau Field as a 43.5 year old man

764f9d807259c000ccdb475dbd5346b1.jpg&f=1

And also after living in a warm climate for like 10 months. Does it mean he’s going to suck? Of course not. It does mean though that Brady won’t be as used to it as his prime days in NE. 

2 hours ago, DannyB said:

I don't think it's as much a tangible loss. Like, if AB wasn't on the team at all I think they'd be in the same position pretty much, they never should have brought him in. That said, for whatever mind-boggling reason, Tom weirdo Brady LOVES him. I think when other things aren't working he keys in on AB as a security blanket.

Again I don't think it SHOULD make a difference, they have more than enough weapons in plenty of varieties. But Tom is just very comfortable with him being out there.

If they face a secondary like NO or KC, that takes out multiple receivers well by matching up, yes, it's a big loss.    GB being zone-based, and where Alexander takes out the guy on his side, not quite as much.    

AB hurts, but the bigger loss would be missing out on Ronald Jones.    Him being off the injury report (if you trust them lol, but I have to ), and Vea being back, is a much bigger plus, than AB's absence is a minus.    I said before I'd change my call if Jones was out, because Fournette isn't a good enough runner to establish the power run game vs. GB.  Jones & Fournette together, though, allows Brady to use Fournette more as a receiving back and COP.  That's a major part to their O success in the 2H, not just AB being there.  

I still think this is a 3-pt game, and I'll stick to my call with Jones/Vea in for TAM.   A GB W won't be the least bit surprising, but my call on that TAM W was based on Vea's possible return, and Jones playing.  

2 hours ago, JohnCena said:

For those of you who have forgotten that Tom Brady played in New England for 20 years and is the greatest cold weather QB ever

There are also those who forget that like Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady also went a stretch of ten years without winning a SB...

Edited by 40Year Pack Fan