DigInBoys

Who will win?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Bucs
    • Packers

30 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Thank you. I see everywhere “Brady and Gronk know how to play in the cold!”

That’s great; what about the rest of the roster?!

Arians coached in Pittsburgh

Bowles coached in NY

• Suh played in the NFC North for years
  • Brown played in Pittsburgh
  • JPP played in NY and lots of cold playoff games
  • Fournette played in cold playoff games in Pit and NE
  • McCoy played in Philly, Buffalo, and KC.
  • Winfield Jr played college in Minnesota
  • Godwin played at Penn State
  • Brate played at Harvard
  • Donovan Smith at Penn State
  • Jensen at Colorado State
  • Cappa played in far Northern California (Humbolt State)
    • Not the Yukon but not exactly Miami
  • Wirfs grew up in Iowa and played at Iowa
  • Shaq Barrett went to school in Colorado and played 5 years in Denver
  • David went to college in Nebraska
  • Murphy-Bunting played at Central Michigan

Not a whole lot of college sun birds on the roster.

• Ronald Jones played at USC in LA.
  • White played at LSU

If your hopes for the game are weather based like they will freak out because its cold then good luck with that.

• Like 2

Next year I'm just going to look at who the biggest matchup nightmare for the Packers are, and will bet the house, car, and my unborn children on them making the NFCCG.

Going to be a fun game though I think any and every GB fan was hoping for a Saints win last night as the matchups are much more preferential from Green Bay's perspective. Had the Browns done the improbable last night this would likely be getting referred to as the 'real Superbowl' for 2020.

The absolute key to the game for GB will be establishing the run to a reasonable level at least, and protecting the interior of the pocket from collapsing. If the Buccaneers can stop both of those things from happening, they win quite easily in my opinion (I love Matt LaFleur, but his one biggest weakness by far has been a 'plan b' when the initial setup fails - SF twice, TB, MIN, and to a lesser extent if I recall PHI losses were all due to this). If GB can establish this, I think some of the cracks that emerged in the Bucs defense in the last month or so of the season will likely be exploited enough to get the win themselves; I don't expect the Packers defense to dominate, but do think they will make some very important splash plays throughout that should turn the tide if the offense is ticking.

2 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Arians coached in Pittsburgh

Bowles coached in NY

• Suh played in the NFC North for years
  • Brown played in Pittsburgh
  • JPP played in NY and lots of cold playoff games
  • Fournette played in cold playoff games in Pit and NE
  • McCoy played in Philly, Buffalo, and KC.
  • Winfield Jr played college in Minnesota
  • Godwin played at Penn State
  • Brate played at Harvard
  • Donovan Smith at Penn State
  • Jensen at Colorado State
  • Cappa played in far Northern California (Humbolt State)
    • Not the Yukon but not exactly Miami
  • Wirfs grew up in Iowa and played at Iowa
  • Shaq Barrett went to school in Colorado and played 5 years in Denver
  • David went to college in Nebraska
  • Murphy-Bunting played at Central Michigan

Not a whole lot of college sun birds on the roster.

• Ronald Jones played at USC in LA.
  • White played at LSU

If your hopes for the game are weather based like they will freak out because its cold then good luck with that.

You’re really reaching for some of those. Lavonte David went to a cold weather college a decade ago? Great. Arians coached in Pittsburgh so he loves the cold? Freaking LeSean McCoy? Sure, huge part of the team. Fournette played in TWO cold weather playoff games several years ago?! This is your grand point? 

The point is whether or not they’re recently accustomed to playing in extreme temperatures. Packers players live in that climate; they’re a lot more used to it than players who went to college in places that get a little chilly occasionally. And there’s a difference between Landover and Green Bay. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

You’re really reaching for some of those. Lavonte David went to a cold weather college a decade ago? Great. Arians coached in Pittsburgh so he loves the cold? Freaking LeSean McCoy? Sure, huge part of the team. Fournette played in TWO cold weather playoff games several years ago?! This is your grand point? 

The point is whether or not they’re recently accustomed to playing in extreme temperatures. Packers players live in that climate; they’re a lot more used to it than players who went to college in places that get a little chilly occasionally. And there’s a difference between Landover and Green Bay. 

Not to mention, November/December in Lambeau ain’t the same as January in Lambeau. Now do I think the weather and conditions will have an adverse effect? Not really. We’ve seen multiple teams go into Lambeau and win in this scenario. 

3 hours ago, SkippyX said:

This will be Rodgers 5th NFCCG.

One team had zero at halftime in the previous 4 games.

• Packers 14 Bears 0
  • Packers 16 Seahawks 0
  • Falcons 24 Packers 0
  • 49ers 27 Packers 0

This is the first time AR will be favored since the Chicago game. GB was a 7 point underdog in his last 3. The team that played ATL had no business being there in particular (Played a perfect game against Dallas).