2020 NFC Championship - Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Green Bay Packers

DigInBoys

Who will win?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Bucs
    • Packers

Bucs will win if they are able to get to A Rod on those blitzes. D White and David destroyed them in the first meeting during blitzes. Caused a lot of rushed throws and threw their timing off. If they protect A rod then I think bucs will be susceptible to the big play. JPP and Barrett played well yesterday and I like our matchup against GB on the back end. Lazard/Tunyan do not scare me at all.

Saints have better weapons 

Just now, indifference said:

Thats what happens when you play tight and get pressure on Brees.

No, that's just what happens when father time catches up to you. Brees' arm has been on a steady decline really showing itself even last year.

I'm not saying the pressure doesn't factor in. But he was also missing throws when he wasn't under duress.

2 minutes ago, Coffee & Contemplation said:

No, that's just what happens when father time catches up to you. Brees' arm has been on a steady decline really showing itself even last year.

I'm not saying the pressure doesn't factor in. But he was also missing throws when he wasn't under duress.

Just the week before he had a pretty good game against the Bears. They protected him well and he lit their secondary up. Now its “father time” caught up to him when teams finally are able to get pressure on him. I love NFL fandom

• Like 1

He's still a good QB, but if you can't see his lack of arm strength is often limiting what plays they call then I'm not sure what to tell you.

His velocity is way down from what it used to be, and it's lower than what you'll see from most pro QBs. This effects the windows that he can throw into, and then aids defenders in closing gaps between them and receivers. If 2020 Brees were a draft prospect, based purely on his current physical ability, he would be a low round pick, with the expectation that he'd be a back up, not a starter. He can make up for some of his physical weakness with his knowledge of defenses, but obviously that has its limitations.

Meanwhile, Rodgers just posted up one of the best seasons all time, with those weaker weapons. The Bucs may still stop him, but let's not pretend that 2020 Brees and Rodgers are equal to one another, because they're not.

Edited by Coffee & Contemplation

15 minutes ago, Coffee & Contemplation said:

He's still a good QB, but if you can't see his lack of arm strength is often limiting what plays they call then I'm not sure what to tell you.

His velocity is way down from what it used to be, and it's lower than what you'll see from most pro QBs. This effects the windows that he can throw into, and then aids defenders in closing gaps between them and receivers. If 2020 Brees were a draft prospect, based purely on his current physical ability, he would be a low round pick, with the expectation that he'd be a back up, not a starter. He can make up for some of his physical weakness with his knowledge of defenses, but obviously that has its limitations.

Meanwhile, Rodgers just posted up one of the best seasons all time, with those weaker weapons. The Bucs may still stop him, but let's not pretend that 2020 Brees and Rodgers are equal to one another, because they're not.

Nobody is saying or implying that lmao

2 things can both be true 

Saints have better weapons than GB

A Rod > Brees

You take Saints having better weapons and bring up A Rod is better than Brees. Okay..that does not change my original point.

I like Murphy-Bunting / Dean / Winfield matchup against this GB group despite the better QB.  

Edited by indifference

51 minutes ago, indifference said:

Bucs will win if they are able to get to A Rod on those blitzes. D White and David destroyed them in the first meeting during blitzes. Caused a lot of rushed throws and threw their timing off. If they protect A rod then I think bucs will be susceptible to the big play. JPP and Barrett played well yesterday and I like our matchup against GB on the back end. Lazard/Tunyan do not scare me at all.

Saints have better weapons 

And a significantly worse offensive scheme. We just put over 100 yards more than the previous record holder on the #1 defense in the playoffs. Good luck.

Just now, indifference said:

That #1 defense best player was nowhere near full strength. Thanks for the well wishes

With how quick Rodgers was getting the ball out, don't think that would've mattered. 

Speed will be greatly diminished on this surface, you need to win with power. White and David won't be as big a factor as they were in Oct, but Suh and JPP are built for these conditions. We'll see.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

You’re really reaching for some of those. Lavonte David went to a cold weather college a decade ago? Great. Arians coached in Pittsburgh so he loves the cold? Freaking LeSean McCoy? Sure, huge part of the team. Fournette played in TWO cold weather playoff games several years ago?! This is your grand point? 

The point is whether or not they’re recently accustomed to playing in extreme temperatures. Packers players live in that climate; they’re a lot more used to it than players who went to college in places that get a little chilly occasionally. And there’s a difference between Landover and Green Bay. 

The reach is the voodoo mojo BS that cold destroys someone who does not live in it but has experienced it often.

The Packers play a really cold game about 2 to 3 times a year. That's 3 days out of the past 600 days but this makes them experts. 🤣

I live in the south. I grew up in the North. Do you think I would not know how to use my body in the cold because its been a few years?

This was the lame thread that Eagles fans hoped would matter more than McChokesAlot vs Ronde in 2002. 

The cold, unlike father time, is often defeated.

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 1