NFC Championship Game: Tampa Bay Yucs at Green Bay Packers

packfanfb

2 minutes ago, Howler said:

Team is built to run to pass. As soon as the run was smothered, our WRs were not going to outrun average dbs in clear passing downs.  I'd like to have a versatile offense, but LaFleur would rather have a h back TE type like Deguara. Problem with that is when you face the #1 rush defense team and your scheme is nullified. 

Did they smother the run, or did we just not run the ball? We only ran the ball 16 times.  Jones averaged 4.5, Williams averaged 3.3, and Dillon averaged 5.7.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, waterfish_21 said:

Because there isn't one.  Not a realistic one.  Coach fails by MLF and Pettine.  We needed a perfect team to beat TB.  That front is too big/fast for our Oline and we knew it going in.

Didn't need to be perfect,  but certainly better than what was played.

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Did they smother the run, or did we just not run the ball? We only ran the ball 16 times.  Jones averaged 4.5, Williams averaged 3.3, and Dillon averaged 5.7.  

Rodgers did not like the front looks. There probably wasn't much there. 

12 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Underrated coaching decision (probably got discussed here): offsides on 2nd and 1 after the 2min warning.

It's smart coaching moves like that that give you the chance to get to the super bowl if the refs don't screw you over.

now explain to me why Tampa didn't just decline it

Just now, Toddfather said:

We could've won this game.. We will be back. Looks like some of our FA questions answered themselves... Props to the Bucs. They won the game. Gotta tip the cap. 

In this same position? Earning a bye, getting the NFCCG in Lambeau. Not sure about that. Hate to say it but this felt like their best shot with Rodgers for the last time. Now, any playoff path will likely mean having to win 3+ games while also playing on the road

3 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I think I understand the FG.  IMO we had a better chance to: kick the FG, hold, then score for the win; than: score, get 2, hold, then win in OT.  But I can see how people would disagree.  

Except that scenario as you show it isn't complete.  

If we fail to get the TD and the 2pt, we still have the chance to stop them and score a td and get a 2 pt.

All the scenarios hold very small chance, but taking Rodgers and our offense off the field that close to the endzone is not my choice.