NFC Championship Game: Tampa Bay Yucs at Green Bay Packers

packfanfb

16 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I really really think it will be, it's starting already. 0-4 in his last 4 chances at the SB. 

It's worse, from a casual fan legacy perspective to get this far and fail consistently than not to. 

And Peyton had the Denver dominance to cap things. Rodgers probably won't. That's rare for it to happen.

Peyton also got bounced by Brady and Bellicheck several times.

Wilson

Ryan

Garapolo

Brady

First 2 are good, but nothing like Brady repeatedly

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Underrated coaching decision (probably got discussed here): offsides on 2nd and 1 after the 2min warning.

It's smart coaching moves like that that give you the chance to get to the super bowl if the refs don't screw you over.

Pettine call or MLF???

2 minutes ago, sgtcheezwiz said:

BS, we intercepted Brady 3 times and lost lol

And they also dropped 28 in the first half, leaving king by himself (twice)when it was obvious he didn't want to be out there. Pettine can't call defense, his *** should have been walking home after the SF NFCCG lat year. How people can defend pettine amazes me, probably the same people who defended capers for years 

4 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

In this same position? Earning a bye, getting the NFCCG in Lambeau. Not sure about that. Hate to say it but this felt like their best shot with Rodgers for the last time. Now, any playoff path will likely mean having to win 3+ games while also playing on the road

I hate to say I agree with this, but I do. The team was relatively healthy this year. May not hold next year. We're in a tough cap spot and will lose multiple key players. Aaron will be another year older. The 49ers will be at full strength. We'll be looking at a brutal 17 game schedule with matchups with the NFC West and AFC North. 

Gute will need to knock this draft out of the park and we'll have to hope that Aaron doesn't slip to get a chance like this again.

Just now, deltarich87 said:

In this same position? Earning a bye, getting the NFCCG in Lambeau. Not sure about that. Hate to say it but this felt like their best shot with Rodgers for the last time. Now, any playoff path will likely mean having to win 3+ games while also playing on the road

Your best shot is the path in front of you. This was a great year but it is not the finale of Rodgers. Just a feeling no doubt, but I am ready to move on from Pettine and learn from this. This game could've been won and Rodge has shown he is not done. 

Just now, dwaye50327 said:

And they also dropped 28 in the first half, leaving king by himself (twice)when it was obvious he didn't want to be out there. Pettine can't call defense, his *** should have been walking home after the SF NFCCG lat year. How people can defend pettine amazes me, probably the same people who defended capers for years 

Bro where did I defend Pettine. LolZ fire this dude. 

he is @ss. But I mean, his D did Bree spt the goat 3 times and MLF couldn’t make right.

also we gave up more point than we should have ofc. 

15 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

But would we have been criticizing him if they went for it and not got it, goes both ways. 

Nope.  Scenario would have been stop TB and drive to score a TD.  Similar in kicking the FG and having to drive to score a TD.

2 chances to tie/win in going for it

1 chance to tie/win by kicking the FG

Reduced the chances 

2 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

they dropped 21 in the first half, which is still way too much. then the offense has to have some blame for the 7 in the third

Edited by KFP7

5 minutes ago, sgtcheezwiz said:

And yet the drops were the difference lol

What an over simplified view of this game. Yes, Adams dropped a slightly off target throw and ESB dropped a tipped ball.

Rodgers also missed a wide open Lazard after the Adams drop. Rodgers had a shot to run for 6 at the end. Aaron Jones fumbled the same way twice. Pettine rolls out cover 1 in an actual prevent situation.

There were a lot of reasons we lost, but talent at WR is somewhere near the bottom of the list.