NFC Championship Game: Tampa Bay Yucs at Green Bay Packers

packfanfb

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If you're Pettine, isn't your argument that we allowed 32 points and Jones blew it for 7 and Rodgers pick opened the door for another 7? 

His defense "allowed" 18 points and forced 3 turnovers.

The offense netted 18 points with a defensive performance that included 3 picks.

How many 3rd and 7+ did they allow today? The defense on the last play of the first half was embarrassing. LaFleur has made no mistake about voicing his displeasure with the defense all season long. I'll be incredibly surprised if he's not fired

2 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Ya will Redmond’s dumb *** sure did want an gift INT from Brady. Hope he’s gone

Right. You cant leave that **** on the field in the Playoffs.

Week 8? Oh well - we'll make up for it. Do or die? You cant the damn ball! You make the play!

Redmond's muff was akin to Hyde's "right thru his hands" muff against SF. He nabs that - we probably close out the game given when it happened. He didnt. We lost. Oh well.

5 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Pettine is gone, that's about the only positive out of this. Still feel like that move is a too little too late type of thing. Don't see GB positioning themselves this favorably again.

Did you see us having the season we had this year after last years loss? I guess my point is every year is a new quest and nothing is guaranteed. I guess my take away is 12 isn't done and we will finally get someone in that can run a defense... although, i admit the defense wasnt why we lost this game. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If you're Pettine, isn't your argument that we allowed 32 points and Jones blew it for 7 and Rodgers pick opened the door for another 7? 

The offense netted 18 points with a defensive performance that included 3 picks.

Maybe I am misreading this, but are you giving the defense a free pass on that TD before the half?

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It's hard to ignore an backbreaking, boneheaded call that changed the entire game plan, however. As good (ish) as the defense was for 59+ minutes. That one play is just purely inexcusable from a coach in this game.

It's a fireable offense.

Aaron Nagler -   Hey, here's an idea. Don't fumble deep in your own end. Or give up absolutely absurd TDs on 4th down at the end of the 1st half when the opposing team has one time out and ALL YOU HAVE TO DO is make sure they don't get into the endzone. That's just me.

1 minute ago, Toddfather said:

Did you see us having the season we had this year after last years loss? I guess my point is every year is a new quest and nothing is guaranteed. I guess my take away is 12 isn't done and we will finally get someone in that can run a defense... although, i admit the defense wasnt why we lost this game. 

Good perspective.  I didn’t mind the defensive strategy for the most part.  I was repulsed by a few players making boneheaded mistakes, followed by incredible plays by Tampa players.  Sometimes it just come down to players executing....or not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

It's hard to ignore an backbreaking, boneheaded call that changed the entire game plan, however. As good (ish) as the defense was for 59+ minutes. That one play is just purely inexcusable from a coach in this game.

It's a fireable offense.

I don't like Pettine. I want him gone. 

But I do reject the premise here that this loss was caused by the usual suspects and not the entire team including the sacred calves.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

No I did not so you have a point there. Just feels like this was their last best shot. Hope I'm wrong, but that schedule next season is a bloodbath and I don't see how GB doesn't end up losing studs like Jones and Linsley to FA. Would obviously need some serious internal growth from any 1st/2nd year guys to make up for those losses, as well as Rodgers playing like he did for most of this past season again

• Like 1