NFC Championship Game: Tampa Bay Yucs at Green Bay Packers

packfanfb

Agree with this......

Andy Herman -  One of my biggest concerns with today's loss? The hangover. You could tell just how devastated LaFleur, Rodgers & the team were from this loss. Yes it's in the moment, but these types of loses can have a hangover affect even into the next season. MLF has his work cut out for him.

8 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

He is a victim.  A victim of playing on a team that doesn't seem to understand defense.  He has played on a team that consistently puts some of the worst special teams in the league out there year after year.

We make investment after investment on defense and yet when compared to the other good teams,  look slow and soft.    Tampa was by far the better defense on the field today.   Rodgers was consistently under pressure and sacked 5 times.   TB defense caused two fumbles with great hits.  

While Rodgers was far from perfect today, he was easily the best part of what we put on the field.   The TB defense was better,  the TB special teams were better,  The TB OL was better.

Why do you insist on holding Rodgers to a requirement of perfection or fail while excusing the rest?  I've agreed with you all year about Kevin King, but he was flat out terrible today.

Rodgers got to play this year with an absolute dream offense and an average to good defense.

If Rodgers would play well in NFCCG, he might have one a few. 

Rodgers wasn't the best thing we put on the field today. MVS was better. Clark was better. Kirksey was better. I'd argue Jaire was better. 

If your QB is going to play average, you're going to lose against a really good team. 

Edited by AlexGreen#20
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

For sure, but they were always going to limit the run game. They load the box. They blitz and bring pressure. That's how they play defense. 

We insisted on running it against that box and couldn't win enough with the rest of the game to win. 

Agreed.  TB has solid CB and fast rangy LB.  They play fast and aggressive. 

Feels like this GB offense is in a bind against that type of D.  Adams can win his. But Lazard seems to struggle against it.  MVS was great.  EQ is meh.

Feels like the big blocking WR type has issues vs that D.

There's never been a team that has made me want to stop watching football until today, that team is the packers. I don't know if I can't handle it anymore, it truly does suck to be this close and constantly lose. Obviously I'll probably watch next year,  but as of right now, I don't want to watch football or any sports for that matter.

Just now, squire12 said:

Agreed.  TB has solid CB and fast rangy LB.  They play fast and aggressive. 

Feels like this GB offense is in a bind against that type of D.  Adams can win his. But Lazard seems to struggle against it.  MVS was great.  EQ is meh.

Feels like the big blocking WR type has issues vs that D.

I think everybody has issues with that D. We just had to play a clean game and couldn't. 

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

**** off. Rodgers got to play this year with an absolute dream offense and an average to good defense.

Rodgers wasn't the best thing we put on the field today. MVS was better. Clark was better. Kirksey was better. I'd argue Jaire was better. 

If your QB is going to play average, you're going to lose against a really good team. 

BS. He made the throws. He hit Adam’s for a TD and hit ST Brown for two. He played better than Brady who tried his best to give it away.

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

**** off. Rodgers got to play this year with an absolute dream offense and an average to good defense.

Agree 100%.  Some real denial among Packers fans about how often Rodgers lies squarely within the list of players who fail to rise to the occasion in the playoffs losses.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

He is a victim.  A victim of playing on a team that doesn't seem to understand defense.  He has played on a team that consistently puts some of the worst special teams in the league out there year after year.

We make investment after investment on defense and yet when compared to the other good teams,  look slow and soft.    Tampa was by far the better defense on the field today.   Rodgers was consistently under pressure and sacked 5 times.   TB defense caused two fumbles with great hits.  

While Rodgers was far from perfect today, he was easily the best part of what we put on the field.   The TB defense was better,  the TB special teams were better,  The TB OL was better.

Why do you insist on holding Rodgers to a requirement of perfection or fail while excusing the rest?  I've agreed with you all year about Kevin King, but he was flat out terrible today.

I'm tired of taking of for Rodgers, no matter what the dude is what 1-5 in nfc championship games now. We make him to be the goat but when it matters the most, he's not the goat. Defense finally played better in the 2nd half and he couldn't move the ball to save his life. I'm really starting to believe Rodgers is over rated like everyone says he is

2 minutes ago, sgtcheezwiz said:

BS. He made the throws. He hit Adam’s for a TD and hit ST Brown for two. He played better than Brady who tried his best to give it away.

The throw to Adams wasn't a good throw. His throw to EQ got tipped. 

His head was up his *** in the redzone, just forcing garbage ball after garbage ball to Adams. 

The one ball he didn't force to Adams is the one Tonyan caught.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sgtcheezwiz said:

Completely agreed.  Mvp didn’t lose this one.  King, Jones, ESB, lafleur play calling lost this

Clark, MVS, big bob, and  Jaire are the only ones who played like it was a playoff game 

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Rodgers got to play this year with an absolute dream offense and an average to good defense.

unless you're Tom Brady of course

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

**** off. Rodgersgot to play this year with an absolute dream offense and an average to good defense.

Apply your first statement to yourself. 

Jaire was good.  MVS was good.  Clark was very good.  I'll give you those, but QB play was the best part of our game.   As a whole the DL got little pressure.  As a whole our DB's gave up far too many big plays.

Our OL was killed today and still we managed 346 passing yards.    He got the ball out and made plays under extreme pressure.   He missed a couple guys, but under that type of pressure to expect perfection is not reasonable.

Our QB wasn't average.  He was very good.  Still lost because our defense couldn't get pressure of get off the field.  We couldn't run the ball,  We couldn't protect the QB, Jomes fumbled giving them a score, and Kevin King was toast far too often to get a win.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

There's never been a team that has made me want to stop watching football until today, that team is the packers. I don't know if I can't handle it anymore, it truly does suck to be this close and constantly lose. Obviously I'll probably watch next year,  but as of right now, I don't want to watch football or any sports for that matter.

Yeah, you should prolly just switch teams.  You’ve threatened to pull up stakes all afternoon.  Don’t let us stop you.

• Like 1