NFC Championship Game: Tampa Bay Yucs at Green Bay Packers

packfanfb

9 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Or our secondary to give up an easy 19 yard td, 52 yard floating bomb and 39 yard pass td on the last play of the 1st half plus puke the ball up on the 1st series of the 2nd half.  That bonehead interception was a non holding call on the play and shouldn't have even counted ... reffing sucked all game long with noncalls.

Correction: almost all game long. Apparently rules are different for the last 2 mins of the game though. 

9 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Do you think this was our last shot for the foreseeable future?

I think this was their last best shot. I still see them as a playoff squad but I don't see them being the 1 seed or having the title game at home. It all lined up perfectly for them this year and they just couldn't get it done unfortunately, Maybe a new DC can get more out of this defense so that having a tougher playoff path isn't so daunting.

46 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Brady threw up like 3 terrible ducks...

He played badly, and we didn't come close to capitalizing. 

He should have had at minimum 4 INts (redmond), so I'm not convinced by using brady as a shining example of QB play today.

I'm not setting Brady up as a shining example of QB play today. But I'm of the old school that believes big games are determined in a big way by who wins in the trenches. I think TB out played us in the trenches on both sides of the ball to win today. To me there were two advantages TB had that led to their win: (1) superior play in the trenches, and (2) better coaching. 

Look at their O-line and their D-line and look at ours. That was a significant determining factor. I'm not sure we can win a Super Bowl with Rick Wagner and Lucas Patrick making up the right side of our line. Going into next year I feel pretty good about our interior O-line. I would like to see Jenkins move to center with Runyun and Stepaniak at guard. Patrick can go back to backing all those positions. Tackle is a more serious problem. Bak will be out to mid-season, I bet, and Wagner isn't who I want to see playing right tackle. I like Billy Turner as a backup swing tackle who might have to start the year at left tackle. We really need a solid right tackle and I don't see one on the roster right now. 

As D-line, we have KC and not much else. Lots of work to do there too. Big games are won in the trenches.

• Like 1

Just now, Leader said:

? Thats a bit too nuanced for me.........what are you saying?

Rodgers never threw the ball as much as Brees did in most years. Mahomes does though, but does it while being a Rodgers level like talent with his arm strength and ability to throw off any platform. There's just no way to truly stop that, especially not with the weapons Mahomes has

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The difference between winning and losing was Rodgers dumbass pick and Jones running with the ball loose leading to a fumble. 

Sorry dude ... wrong.  Difference was King giving up a pass play a high school freshman knows not to make.  Jones puking the fumble up at the 9 yard line 1st series 2nd half was terrible.  That's what lost the game. 

2 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Sorry dude ... wrong.  Difference was King giving up a pass play a high school freshman knows not to make.  Jones puking the fumble up at the 9 yard line 1st series 2nd half was terrible.  That's what lost the game. 

Those were very bad. As was Rodgers and the #1 offense failing to even move the sticks just once on 2 straight possessions after the defense forced turnovers down 5.

Well he's not a safety so . . . Also, Safeties let people get behind them ask the time. That's part of playing Box Safety. 

Don't play cute on that ... it was a horrendous play that tore the heart right out of the team.  It was the LAST play of the half with no timeouts.  Terrible just absolutely terrible.   

The difference between winning and losing was Rodgers dumbass pick.....

I'll have to disagree with you on this one.

The pass itself was actually on target and in time/rhythm with the pattern.

The DB was able to make a play (and INT) on the ball because he MAULED Lazard to climb over and maneuver him just enough that he could cut in front.

Good play by DB - if he doesnt get flagged AND makes the interception/catch - both of which happened - so, too bad for us.

But he definitely should have have been flagged. It wasnt a bad pass IMO.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Don't play cute on that ... it was a horrendous play that tore the heart right out of the team.  It was the LAST play of the half with no timeouts.  Terrible just absolutely terrible.   

Much like Bostic after the 2014 loss, I don't know how GB can bring King back into the locker room after how he played today.  King hitting FA and moving on is probably best for everyone involved.

• Like 1