NFC Championship Game: Tampa Bay Yucs at Green Bay Packers

packfanfb

2 hours ago, VonKarman said:

Their strengths in defense match up better against our strengths in offense. Rams took away the big plays and dared you to walk the field with 6 yard gains. Packers will happily do that and they showed it last week. Bucs dominate the LOS and are the best defense against the run. Our pass attack is largely predicated on stablishing (at least a minimum) the run. It's really hard to win with those outside zone runs when David and White are so fast and have a really good DLine. Besides they are great at getting TOs. If we can succesfully run between the tackles and do not fumble the ball we should win.

From what I remember from our last Bucs game, their DL was great, rather they were AMAZING, at holding our offensive linemen and not letting them move laterally, or get to the second level.

Your are right, the wide zone is going to be more difficult to run against linebackers that are that fast.

Running right at 'em, like we did last week, may be a better strategy.

That strategy could also negate some of their "holding".

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

I don’t know if he was going to be a big factor regardless, but every little bit helps.

If adjusting to the cold is a thing, losing Brown helps because he's a Pitt guy. Plus, Brady and him had been heating up a little down the stretch. 

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

From what I remember from our last Bucs game, their DL was great, rather they were AMAZING, at holding our offensive linemen and not letting them move laterally, or get to the second level.

Your are right, the wide zone is going to be more difficult to run against linebackers that are that fast.

Running right at 'em, like we did last week, may be a better strategy.

That strategy could also negate some of their "holding".

Will they be the same on a cold turf? In fact has white or David played in a 30 below, outdoor, snow game in their careers?

There is a lot of talk about them and their speed for clear and good reason. But it will be a slow track on Sunday. I won’t be surprised if they aren’t flying around like normal.

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

If adjusting to the cold is a thing, losing Brown helps because he's a Pitt guy. Plus, Brady and him had been heating up a little down the stretch. 

I agree with the last part, the connection was heating up. Don’t know if I agree with the first part.

It sounds great in theory. Just like fans getting mad at Davante for talking on collinsworth podcast about what he does in cold games and giving up too many secrets. But it comes down to each individual and what works for them. Fleece lined gloves don’t work for Davante, but maybe for Mike evans they are perfect.

The advantage GB has, they have practices, regular season games etc to workshop hundreds ideas. Teams like Tampa don’t. Sure guys like Brady and Gronk know and have their routines but for all the first timers... they are screwed and they just need to survive.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Wow.  Pettine might hold them under 50.

Can Rodgers score 50 though?

Was it Pettine’s fault that Rodgers threw a pick 6 and another INT in his own territory?  Take away those 2 mistakes and it’s an entirely different ball game.  

Rodgers doesn’t throw INTs at home. 

2 minutes ago, YaddaHolla said:

Was it Pettine’s fault that Rodgers threw a pick 6 and another INT in his own territory?  Take away those 2 mistakes and it’s an entirely different ball game.  

Rodgers doesn’t throw INTs at home. 

Maybe Pettine should try getting his team to get interceptions instead of letting them go 12 plays and then kick a field goal.