NFC Championship Game: Tampa Bay Yucs at Green Bay Packers

packfanfb

Kind of torn on this one. On one hand, I want the Packers to win this game so that Aaron Rodgers can get a shot at another SB. Guy it seriously too great to have only one ring.  One the other hand, I've always been a big Brady fan and I've enjoyed his success over the last 20 years.

Best of luck to both teams and hopefully the game is a good one.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, showtime said:

Kind of torn on this one. On one hand, I want the Packers to win this game so that Aaron Rodgers can get a shot at another SB. Guy it seriously too great to have only one ring.  One the other hand, I've always been a big Brady fan and I've enjoyed his success over the last 20 years.

Best of luck to both teams and hopefully the game is a good one.

I hope this game stinks to watch for 90% of fans. But not packers. Reverse the roles of the early season game.

Completely different feeling going into this game than last year.  Brady and the Bucs are a massive challenge but GB is favored for a reason.  

Sunday can't come soon enough.  Brady vs Rodgers in snowy Lambeau Field is all a fan could ask for.

Curious how folks here would rank their confidene level regarding NFCCG Packers teams over the years. Gotta think the lists will be pretty similar but interested to find out. I'm basing this on the overall team + the quality of their opponent

Personally, I'd rank the teams like this

2010 Packers - Excellent defense always gonna keep me confident that they'll keep GB in the game and we knew the offensive potential was there for this team. Also, the 2010 Bears team is by far the weakest opponent GB has gone up against. Their defense was a problem, but their offense didn't worry me one bit.

2020 Packers -  Barely gets the edge over 2014. Similar teams in a way tbh, right down to both defenses improving as the season went on, but I think Rodgers play has been even better here than in 2014. Also, 2014 Seahawks were better than this Bucs team and GB isn't playing on the road here either.

2014 Packers - Not much to add here since I addressed why they're slightly below this years version of the Packers. Going @ Seattle and Rodgers dealing with a calf strain and being limited with his mobility is why they're below 2020

*Huge gap* (I had little expectations for either of these teams to win and it was basically just wishing for some luck and turnovers to help them get the upsets)

2019 Packers - We all knew this team was closer to a 10-6 type team that won a lot of close, ugly games. They sort of remind me of the 2015 team with a solid but not elite defense and a middling offense. Did not have much of any confidence that they could go into San Francisco and beat that team

2016 Packers - Easily by far the worst Packers team to make it to the NFCCG. Rodgers run the table stretch + the game against Dallas in the divisional round was some of the best QB play ever in his career. Pretty much just single handily carried this roster to that title game. The defense was horrendous and then they had to go into a dome vs that historic Falcons offense with 4.70 40 CB Ladarius Gunter matching up against 4.30 40 Julio Jones lol. It went about as you'd expect

• Like 2

1 hour ago, deltarich87 said:

2020 Packers -  Barely gets the edge over 2014. Similar teams in a way tbh, right down to both defenses improving as the season went on, but I think Rodgers play has been even better here than in 2014. Also, 2014 Seahawks were better than this Bucs team and GB isn't playing on the road here either.

2014 Packers - Not much to add here since I addressed why they're slightly below this years version of the Packers. Going @ Seattle and Rodgers dealing with a calf strain and being limited with his mobility is why they're below 2020

Rodgers was also dealing with either a calf or a hamstring strain in the 2014 playoffs.   he was not moving well and that affected his play some.   I think he injured it  @Buffalo that year.

Bears is clear #1 for me. It was almost anti-climactic after beating the Falcons, only having to beat the Bears to get into the SB.

After that is this game, and while I’m not getting my hopes up I think we’re the clear favourite. But still probably only like 60-40.

Seahawks I wasn’t confident at all, but I thought we had a chance. Maybe 40-60 at best. God that game sucked.

Atlanta and SF I was just hoping for a miracle.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

Curious how folks here would rank their confidene level regarding NFCCG Packers teams over the years. Gotta think the lists will be pretty similar but interested to find out. I'm basing this on the overall team + the quality of their opponent

Personally, I'd rank the teams like this

2010 Packers - Excellent defense always gonna keep me confident that they'll keep GB in the game and we knew the offensive potential was there for this team. Also, the 2010 Bears team is by far the weakest opponent GB has gone up against. Their defense was a problem, but their offense didn't worry me one bit.

*Huge gap* (I had little expectations for either of these teams to win and it was basically just wishing for some luck and turnovers to help them get the upsets)

2019 Packers - We all knew this team was closer to a 10-6 type team that won a lot of close, ugly games. They sort of remind me of the 2015 team with a solid but not elite defense and a middling offense. Did not have much of any confidence that they could go into San Francisco and beat that team

2016 Packers - Easily by far the worst Packers team to make it to the NFCCG. Rodgers run the table stretch + the game against Dallas in the divisional round was some of the best QB play ever in his career. Pretty much just single handily carried this roster to that title game. The defense was horrendous and then they had to go into a dome vs that historic Falcons offense with 4.70 40 CB Ladarius Gunter matching up against 4.30 40 Julio Jones lol. It went about as you'd expect

- -

2019/2016

I really liked GB’s chance going into Seattle. I knew GB would take it to them. Was super happy how they made Wilson look bad, and got up on them and were clearly the better team... then depression set in. But I was crazy confident going into that game. 2010 and 2020 are the same. I think Brady worries me alittle more than Cutler did though.

Edited by Green19

11 hours ago, St Vince said:

Really disappointed about Keke. Mahomes was Ko'd like a boxer and had to be helped to his feet and he's good to go. I can't even remember the play he got hurt and he's missed almost a month of football with the bye week.

I know in the moment there was talk about how Mahomes felt like he'd been choked out, not concussed, that's why he was pissed. I'm not sure how that story played out, but that may be the reason. 

3 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I know in the moment there was talk about how Mahomes felt like he'd been choked out, not concussed, that's why he was pissed. I'm not sure how that story played out, but that may be the reason. 

Word around town is that the Mahomes injury is two parts, the first was the concussion that's being addressed via the concussion protocol, the second was a very minor cervical spinal bruise that he got when his head hit the ground, kinda like can happen when somebody dives head first into a too shallow pool. It sounds like it was very minor and is basically healed up, but that was apparently what caused the muscle weakness and the inability to breathe. 

• Like 1