What will the Browns do with ODBJ

Vladimir L

5 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

This has to be one of the worst trades in history. Especially, when you consider how the wrs have been booming coming into the NFL last couple of years.

OBJ isn’t what the Browns hoped, but he had over 1,000 yards in 2019 and got hurt this year. That’s an extreme overreaction. 

Throw in the return Cleveland got coming back in Vernon and replacing Zeitler with arguably the best OG in football in Wyatt Teller, and it wasn’t even a bad trade.

Also, to respond to the OP, Beckham is coming off an injury so no reason to think he gets traded. He could easily bounce back next year if he stays healthy. Unpopular take, but I say it's much ado about nothing and folks forget all about this talking when he's going off next year in year two within the same system.

5 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

This has to be one of the worst trades in history. Especially, when you consider how the wrs have been booming coming into the NFL last couple of years.

Peppers was a nice safety and that dlineman was good New York drafted I believe. Really turned around their defense. 

And OBJ had that bad leg injury in New York. John Dorsey should never be a gm again.

Diggs was at the peak of his powers and buffalo totally nailed how he would translate to their offense so that's apples to oranges. 

I just don't see a great his isn't this another loaded wr class? 

Pur it this way I don't think it's just bill o'brien's ineptness that made d hops trade value so low. 

The position is still valued but it's booming entering the league more than ever.

• It's not even close
  • He posted 77 Recs for 1052 Yds and 3TD's with the withering corpse of Eli and then 74 for 1,035 and 6TD's in Baker's horrible 2nd year off the injury. He's consistenly hovered around 14.0 YPC.
  • The Browns traded for him when he was 26, he was very much at or entering his peak. Kitchen's offense and Baker's play were trash in 2019. You could argue OBJ contributed to that, but lets not act like Diggs hasn't shown absolute "WR Diva" tendencies also.
  • Even if this is a loaded WR class, Cleveland needs all the help and talent it can get on Defence.

Someone should buy low on him if he's gonna be traded. He's a good route runner with incredible hands his game will be fine with age, and ACL tears aren't as bad as they used to be. The narrative that him and JuJu are "toxic" is silly to me. Some franchises will pick up some good recievers this off-season for cheaper than they should.

4 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’d call Jax and offer Odell for Myles jack. We need a versatile Lb who can cover and urb is going to want an explosive WR

Doubt the Jaguars would accept that trade, but I'd do it in a hurry.

At this point I'd take a third round pick for OBJ without really hesitating.

8 hours ago, 43M said:

Giants couldve got more for him had they waited.   I think they were just trying to offload him.   Browns dont really NEED to get rid of him.   

Not saying they WILL get a 2nd for him, but I think a WR desperate team with alot of cap space might do it.    Perhaps a team like the Jags?   Lots of draft capital, lots of cap space and need more weapons for their incoming rookie QB.  

But youre right....3rd round value might be more realistic.     If they couldnt get at least that, I dont even think they should trade him at all.      Odell is worth more to them than anything less, and its not like they are struggling for cap space.

Another option is a player for player swap.   Maybe they could trade him for someone who can help their secondary.  

I think someone like Jabrill Peppers could fit in nicely at safety.

• Like 1

They more or less have to trade him, the offense has been shown to work well without him, and they badly need the resources to build the D. The only question is whether his BFF Landry sulks if they ship him out of town.

If he's on the trade block, I could see the Patriots going after him, he's burned them in the past and BB loves to get players who play well against him. As a fan I'd prefer they go after Godwin with everything they have, but sending a a third and change to CLE for Beckham is an acceptable alternative.

5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Heres a guy who couldnt make it to the 3rd post to see this being brought up. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-o4cD9Vma-VNlpqaoVz6

I still think it's dumb though. First of all there were 2 answers, and second of all I feel like some people subconsciously do it because the first 2 letters of his name are O and D. Which is obviously ridiculous. If you're gonna do that at least stay consistent and go with ODBEJU.