If this is it... Thank you Drew!

Totty

Being a Raiders fan, I didn't watch as intently as Saints fans or those who rooted for teams in the NFC South.  But I always rooted for him.  

Certain HOF QB.  Legend. One of the best to ever lace up cleats.  Much respect and enjoy retirement!  Thank you.

Edited by Totty
  • Like 3

Brees will go down as one of the best QBs to ever play. His career I definitely admire because he was the 32nd overall pick which back then was a 2nd round pick. He started slowly in San Diego and the organization didnt think he would pan out so they traded for Rivers. Then the light switch came on for Brees and he play great but unfortunately got hurt when he was entering FA. The Dolphins didnt sign him because the medical staff thought his injury would hamper his career. Ironically if they wouldve just signed him Nick Saban wouldve still be the head coach and never came to Bama to ruin LSU and the rest of the college world. Thats another story for another time lol. Anyways, I remember the day the Saints signed Brees. I believe I was in my chemistry class in college and saw it on my phone. From the moment he came to New Orleans the Saints went from a joke to one of the best franchises in the NFL. The organization owe Brees everything. Build a statue for the guy. Not many players can step on a team and just completely change the way you view that franchise. 

I feel bad for the guy who is going to have to replace Brees. I dont care if its Taysom, Winston, or whomever the Saints might draft. That will be some impossible shoes to fill. Being from Louisiana the college team LSU had to figure out how to replace Burrow and now the Saints have to figure out how to replace Brees. I hope we all got to truly appreciate Brees because literally nothing was handed to him like we see from Mahomes or we think of ARod. A true competitor that paved the way for guys like Wilson and Kyler to come into the league not being the protype in size at QB but still succeed at a high level. So Ill second that notion by saying THANK YOU DREW! Next stop, Canton. 

Edited by stl4life07

Drew Brees is an awful person who actively spends his wealth and status trying to make the lives of marginalized people harder in the guise of 'charity'. The NFL is a better place without him, and the fact that he's viewed as some sort of paragon of virtue is a testament to the power of sportswashing. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, rich homie said:

Drew Brees is an awful person who actively spends his wealth and status trying to make the lives of marginalized people harder in the guise of 'charity'. The NFL is a better place without him, and the fact that he's viewed as some sort of paragon of virtue is a testament to the power of sportswashing. 

In what way? Because he is part of that weird nutrition company pyramid? 

BTW - there is a Brees thread in News already.

Edited by Matts4313

HOF easily but retirement was one year overdue to chase Brady’s records.

Camera’s caught him telling Jameis it was his team now yesterday. Jameis, Kamara, and the Defence are probably thinking “should have been all year”. Unfortunately Drew was the major weakspot of a loaded Saints team this year but NFL politics must have left Payton no choice but to start him. I will always hate seeing the broken shells of old QBs get scraped off the field long after they pass their expiration date....

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

In what way? Because he is part of that weird nutrition company pyramid? 

BTW - there is a Brees thread in News already.

I was talking more about how, for more than a decade he has sponsored and promoted an anti-science, anti-LGBT hate group but yeah the fact that he also peddles a pyramid scheme is notable too.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rich homie said:

I was talking more about how, for more than a decade he has sponsored and promoted an anti-science, anti-LGBT hate group but yeah the fact that he also peddles a pyramid scheme is notable too.

I love narratives. Like how if its pro religion, its anti science. But if its pro science, no one calls that anti religion. Narratives are fun. Hating on Brees because of his belief system is a type of bigotry. Try not to be a bigot. 

This message was sponsored by the Matts for for Devils Advocate agency. It does not reflect his personal views in anyway. He just finds people on the internet silly. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, rich homie said:

I think it’s more likely Drew Brees sponsored a charity he knew little about as a tax write off and it bit him later having not done his due research.

I don’t know, Drew Brees has maybe said some ignorant stuff but so would most people if they were given a platform for long enough... I don’t think he’s a hater just more of a football as the only thing on his radar type of guy. 

There are other ways to dog “one-time fantasy football MVP winner” Drew Brees 

4 minutes ago, Totty said:

Welll thank some of you guys for taking a big ol crap on a feel good message.  

To be fair, as a Saints fa I have not been fond of Brees the person for several years, well before his comments this off-season and even before he joined up with Focus on the Family.

One can acknowledge what he meant to the Saints organization and what he means to the city of New Orleans and even respect his legacy of one of the best NFL players of this generation and even all time.... but also just not think he’s a good guy.

Thanks for all the wins Drew! Enjoy retirement to its fullest, you’ve earned it!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Dome said:

To be fair, as a Saints fa I have not been fond of Brees the person for several years, well before his comments this off-season and even before he joined up with Focus on the Family.

One can acknowledge what he meant to the Saints organization and what he means to the city of New Orleans and even respect his legacy of one of the best NFL players of this generation and even all time.... but also just not think he’s a good guy.

Thanks for all the wins Drew! Enjoy retirement to its fullest, you’ve earned it!

Fair, but there’s many NFL players you can say this about.  Many of them are super religious, and believe the things that come with religion even if they don’t openly say or do these things publicly.  I don’t dislike any of them, even if I wholeheartedly disagree with them.

Brees as the player, which is what this Internet forum is supposed to focus on, is a HoFer and an all time great.  He stayed a year or two too long, but is what it is.  What matters to me, is that he was a perfect 8 for 8 for a TD and a 2 point conversion on the most important drive in Saints franchise history and gave us the only ring we have.

19 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:
35 minutes ago, Dome said:

Expand  

Fair, but there’s many NFL players you can say this about.  Many of them are super religious, and believe the things that come with religion even if they don’t openly say or do these things publicly.  I don’t dislike any of them, even if I wholeheartedly disagree with them.

Brees as the player, which is what this Internet forum is supposed to focus on, is a HoFer and an all time great.  He stayed a year or two too long, but is what it is.  What matters to me, is that he was a perfect 8 for 8 for a TD and a 2 point conversion on the most important drive in Saints franchise history and gave us the only ring we have.

Which is the beauty of America. You dont have to agree with someones beliefs to like them or love them. Hating someone someone because they are Christian is no different than hating on them for being a different religion, sexual orientation, a different race or really anything else. Its all bigotry, even if its more publicly acceptable to mock a religion over a lifestyle choice. At the end of the day, its all unacceptable. Which is a primary message in almost every religion, btw. 

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1