Official FF BSET - 24 vs Parks & Rec

Deadpulse

Round 2 - Michael Scarn  

29 members have voted

1. 1. 27th seed vs 6th seed

• 24 (27)
    • Parks & Rec (6)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/20/2021 at 09:00 PM

10 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I think 24 has a similar problem as Dexter. Dexter S1-S4? GOAT stuff, compete with ANY show on television, easily! S5-S8, however, were pretty average.

24 S1-S5? GOAT stuff imo, can compete with ANY show on TV. S6-S8 were kind of average, although I still enjoyed them.

Edit: Now that I reflect though... a lot of shows end up like this. Game of Thrones total trash the final two seasons. Game of Thrones would of got my vote over Breaking Bad six seasons in for example, but not a chance in hell after the final two seasons.

Gotta finish strong. S5 of Breaking Bad was a damn masterpiece.

Agreed.

24 season 6 was just bad IMO.    S7 wasnt great either.   Season 8 was solid, but no masterpiece.   IMO they just recycled everything.   CTU getting easily broken into every season got annoying.   I hated how they made David Palmers brother president...seemingly just because he was Palmers brother.

24 had to be one of the hardest shows to write for.   24, hour long, real time episodes is rough.   They did a good job the first 5 seasons....but the drop off after that wasnt surprising.   

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Gotta finish strong. S5 of Breaking Bad was a damn masterpiece.

So few shows deliver in their last episode/last season.  But yeah, that goes a long way toward getting my vote.  BB, Futurama, Community, and Seinfeld are about the only ones in the tourney that I've actually seen that stuck the landing IMO.  Of course, a lot of those shows are still going on.

Adventure Time, Cowboy Bebop, and Aqua Teens nailed it too, but you cretins didn't nominate them enough.

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

So few shows deliver in their last episode/last season.  But yeah, that goes a long way toward getting my vote.  BB, Futurama, Community, and Seinfeld are about the only ones in the tourney that I've actually seen that stuck the landing IMO.  Of course, a lot of those shows are still going on.

Adventure Time, Cowboy Bebop, and Aqua Teens nailed it too, but you cretins didn't nominate them enough.

We need an anime tournament. 

On 1/19/2021 at 8:39 AM, 43M said:

Agreed.

24 season 6 was just bad IMO.    S7 wasnt great either.   Season 8 was solid, but no masterpiece.   IMO they just recycled everything.   CTU getting easily broken into every season got annoying.   I hated how they made David Palmers brother president...seemingly just because he was Palmers brother.

24 had to be one of the hardest shows to write for.   24, hour long, real time episodes is rough.   They did a good job the first 5 seasons....but the drop off after that wasnt surprising.   

To piggyback, I think 24 did stall out seasons 6/7, but once the decision was made to make season 8 the final one (early to mid season I believe), then the last 6 or so episodes were fire, as they tried to tie up all loose ends.  The last episodes weren't as great as the 1st or 2nd season finales, but pretty close.  That scene where Jack stormed Logan's motorcade in Iron Man like armor was pretty good, even if he didn't off him.  Then he laid waste to the Russian embassy people responsible for Renee's death.  

Almost every show goes through this.  It is inevitable.  But it doesn't diminish the groundbreaking approaches this show brought to television and the way shows were designed.  Parks and rec was indeed hilarious, but nothing groundbreaking about it.

• Like 2