2021 Offseason Discussion

Kiwibrown

3 hours ago, bruceb said:
4 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

If we move on from obj and get out of his cap hit we are in a great place.

Which is another why if we can we should.

With the lower cap depressing salaries, we should be able to pick up some bargains with that extra space.

only way to get away from the OBJ cap hit is to trade him after june 1st. By then, those that are worth while will already be gone. 

4 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

If that is true we have a huge problem, 125 million vs the cap and an average offense.

are the browns just an avg offense? week6/week7 the browns offense DVOA was ranked around 23rd and 15th. They finished 9th at the end of the season, so that should show you that after week7 the  offense took a big jump. Im not saying its because we lost OBJ but more so the team and the offense started to finally click on all cylinders. Lets not act like what they were doing was gimmicky like the wildcat or whatever. They had a legit offense going and they are returning all those starters. Potentially the offense should get better because Baker should improve, Wills should improve, DPJ should improve, and Bryant as well. I dont think the Browns will be an avg 15th/16th rated offense next year

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, buno67 said:

They had a legit offense going and they are returning all those starters. Potentially the offense should get better because Baker should improve, Wills should improve, DPJ should improve, and Bryant as well. I dont think the Browns will be an avg 15th/16th rated offense next year

And because they all will be in the 2nd year of Stefanski's system.

Still will need someone who can take the top off a D, imho.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

only way to get away from the OBJ cap hit is to trade him after june 1st. By then, those that are worth while will already be gone. 

That sucks. It still gives us options I suppose

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

are the browns just an avg offense? week6/week7 the browns offense DVOA was ranked around 23rd and 15th. They finished 9th at the end of the season, so that should show you that after week7 the  offense took a big jump. Im not saying its because we lost OBJ but more so the team and the offense started to finally click on all cylinders. Lets not act like what they were doing was gimmicky like the wildcat or whatever. They had a legit offense going and they are returning all those starters. Potentially the offense should get better because Baker should improve, Wills should improve, DPJ should improve, and Bryant as well. I dont think the Browns will be an avg 15th/16th rated offense next year

I hope our offense is great, but we need to improve on defense for a superbowl. We are 3 defenders away from an average defense. A DE, LB and good corner. 

It will be interesting to see how berry approaches it.

19 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Lol how many times can y'all fool yourselves? It's just to inflate negotiations.

*considers making, "Should Browns fans who believe JJ Watt is coming to Cleveland be on the hot seat" thread* 🤔

Edited by NudeTayne
with poll option

1 minute ago, NudeTayne said:

Lol how many times can y'all fool yourselves? It's just to inflate negotiations.

*considers making, "Should Browns fans who believe JJ Watt is coming to Cleveland be on the hot seat" thread* 🤔

Almost tagged you cuz I thought you might trigger.

Or you're not triggered and you're just effing around.

I can't tell.  I'm getting so old.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Is there a example of a team out there that has paid top dollar for 2 DEs? More than Watt I would love Barrett but I dont know how much it would kill the Browns cap to have 2 guys on the DL getting paid top 5 money at their positions

It would take a sacrifice. Whether that be getting rid of a high salary or just rolling with and hoping with Greedy, Delphit and the other secondary guys work out.

Financially no big free agent makes sense. If they think they can win now with one then it could still happen.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

That sucks. It still gives us options I suppose

I hope our offense is great, but we need to improve on defense for a superbowl. We are 3 defenders away from an average defense. A DE, LB and good corner. 

It will be interesting to see how berry approaches it.

I just dont think we have to worry about the offense. we had a good offense and we are not missing any big pieces. Only thing we are losing is Njoku (most likely).I can live with losing our 3rd TE. I see all the big moves and big draft picks being spent on defense