2021 Offseason Discussion

Kiwibrown

Even though the FO subscribes to the "build through the draft" manta (which I generally agree with), gut is telling me that the best use of our picks this year is to use some of them in trades with cash-strapped teams for a couple of players who could put us over the top.

Without cash-strapping ourselves, of course.

Edited by bruceb
Complete thought

16 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

No, same gear. Watt is not coming to Cleveland.

Why exactly won’t he come here?

browns have the cap space to sign him, sign others, And still not have to sacrifice guys to make room. Where a team like the Packers still have to create a lot of space 

no other potential team can give it watt a running mate like Myles. Tampa bay is most likely going to lose Shaq and Potentially Suh and JPP is getting older. Garrett is just getting better. Watt prolly still be the most doubled Lineman on that unit. He won’t be that in Cleveland.

Cleveland wont Be the best offense for him To select but I feel like the browns offense could Be deadly effective if the defense took the next step. 

you just can’t count the browns out on Watt. Watt wants a chance to win, wants money, wants a legit tag team partner, and an offense that isn’t anemic. Only a few teams can offer all that and one of those few teams is Cleveland. 

I am not saying for sure we are going to get him but you just cant count us out. This isnt the old browns where we are just a power play to get a bigger contract or to grossly over pay someone. Some FAs are going to want to play here because for once in this generation the Browns have a good HC, good QB, and other good young talent. Browns since the return has never have that before. This is truly uncharted territory 

Edited by buno67

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

Why exactly won’t he come here?

browns have the cap space to sign him, sign others, And still not have to sacrifice guys to make room. Where a team like the Packers still have to create a lot of space 

no other potential team can give it watt a running mate like Myles. Tampa bay is most likely going to lose Shaq and Potentially Suh and JPP is getting older. Garrett is just getting better. Watt prolly still be the most doubled Lineman on that unit. He won’t be that in Cleveland.

Cleveland wont Be the best offense for him To select but I feel like the browns offense could Be deadly effective if the defense took the next step. 

you just can’t count the browns out on Watt. Watt wants a chance to win, wants money, wants a legit tag team partner, and an offense that isn’t anemic. Only a few teams can offer all that and one of those few teams is Cleveland. 

I am not saying for sure we are going to get him but you just cant count us out. This isnt the old browns where we are just a power play to get a bigger contract or to grossly over pay someone. Some FAs are going to want to play here because for once in this generation the Browns have a good HC, good QB, and other good young talent. Browns since the return has never have that before. This is truly uncharted territory 

You make a lot of great points. 

And Watt still isn't coming to Cleveland.

10 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Health is a major issue with him but he could be cheaper. 

I can see Von wanting to come to Cleveland more than Watt because of the Myles Garrett/Texas A&M connection and the connection to Joe Woods who was his DC in Denver.

I love Watt but I think his value would be more felt in the lockerrom than on the field at this point in his career. Von Miller would supply more on field production.

Hell, I would take either of them to be honest I really dont care lol

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I can see Von wanting to come to Cleveland more than Watt because of the Myles Garrett/Texas A&M connection and the connection to Joe Woods who was his DC in Denver.

I love Watt but I think his value would be more felt in the lockerrom than on the field at this point in his career. Von Miller would supply more on field production.

Hell, I would take either of them to be honest I really dont care lol

How so? Watt was the most doubled/tripled team edge player last year and he still had more tackles than Garrett, more TFLs, and one less QB hit. Yeah their was a vast difference in sack but that isn’t the be all End all. Hell comparing this JJ past season to Miller’s last season played in ‘19’, JJ still had more tackles and TFLs, 3 less sacks, and 3 less QB hits. 

I would be really intrigued to see how Watt Would play here. Last season Watt was the most doubled/tripled teamed edge Player, Garrett was 3rd. Both of them Would vastly see different blocking schemes than what they are use to

Something weird is going on with Von Miller, legally speaking. There was something that popped up a few months ago and has been glossed over ever since. But it seemed like the organization was always TOO quick to say they didn't know anything about it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FGK said:

Something weird is going on with Von Miller, legally speaking. There was something that popped up a few months ago and has been glossed over ever since. But it seemed like the organization was always TOO quick to say they didn't know anything about it.

Yeah, it was just last month but there has been no real news since the police said they were investigating him.

His pregnant GF did say it didn't involve domestic violence but you'd have to know what they were investigating before showing interest in him.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, buno67 said:

I would be really intrigued to see how Watt Would play here. Last season Watt was the most doubled/tripled teamed edge Player, Garrett was 3rd. Both of them Would vastly see different blocking schemes than what they are use to

This is why we need to have some sort of stud at DT, if we can get someone who is not a JAG, he could be the one that takes this defensive line to elite status because of who is on the outside. I could easily see a situation where if we did draft a guy like Barmore/Nixon, he could be DROY because of all of the single blocks he could have.

7 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah, it was just last month but there has been no real news since the police said they were investigating him.

His pregnant GF did say it didn't involve domestic violence but you'd have to know what they were investigating before showing interest in him.

They know this, trust me, if there is any interest, they have already sent out fillers to see where it is and what it can/will be. 

Edited by MSURacerDT55

8 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

This is why we need to have some sort of stud at DT, if we can get someone who is not a JAG, he could be the one that takes this defensive line to elite status because of who is on the outside. I could easily see a situation where if we did draft a guy like Barmore/Nixon, he could be DROY because of all of the single blocks he could have.

Not even that. Even getting a stud LB could be just as huge. If you are going to constantly double Garrett and Watt, you are greatly handicapping your blocking scheme. Those could easily be exposed with blitz schemes. Worst comes to worst, you force the offense to block more with the TE

• Like 1