2021 Offseason Discussion

Kiwibrown

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

We current have a RB on our team who kicked a women. Rice was a terrible RB when that happened. That’s part of why no one ever wanted him again. 

Kareem Hunt lost a full season. Von Miller is DONE if he loses a full season. He’s 32 already and didn’t play last year.

And Hunt’s thing honestly wasn’t that bad. That kick equates to a hard push during a drunken free for all. Yeah it makes him look awful and I obviously didn’t love that he did that, but it’s not what Von is being accused of. Von is being accused of years of domestic abuse, not of shoving a drunk girl hurling N-bombs with his foot. I think it’d be a different situation and a different punishment.

Not defending Hunt. What he did was trash. But it’s not nearly as unforgivable as years of abusing your girlfriend/spouse. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Blackmon kicked himself out by constantly testing positive. He’s worse than josh Gordon. 

pretty sure Gordon has tested positive for more crap on more occasions than Blackmon. Blackmon’s issues was drinking. Believe he only got busted for pot once but had issues with DUIs. 

going through the wiki of every player suspension in the NFL. It says Blackmon has only been suspended by the NFL twice. Gordon has been suspended 6x

28 minutes ago, buno67 said:

pretty sure Gordon has tested positive for more crap on more occasions than Blackmon. Blackmon’s issues was drinking. Believe he only got busted for pot once but had issues with DUIs. 

going through the wiki of every player suspension in the NFL. It says Blackmon has only been suspended by the NFL twice. Gordon has been suspended 6x

Well yeah Blackmon only played until 2013. I think Blackmons issues are a lot more than just drugs and alcohol. He had elite talent. Someone would have taken a shot at him. He just doesn’t want to play. 

49 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Well yeah Blackmon only played until 2013. I think Blackmons issues are a lot more than just drugs and alcohol. He had elite talent. Someone would have taken a shot at him. He just doesn’t want to play. 

Which is fair enough, its brutal, huge amount of scrutiny. Idiots like us on your back.

19 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Lock up baker now. The cap is about to explode. 

Plus he's about to get (for the first time since Oklahoma, where he was statistically one of the greatest college QBs in history) the same offensive system for two years in a row. And even more, an insane amount of offensive continuity. He's gonna freaking blow up next year, the offense is gonna be top 6 in the league with the line and run game plus Baker continuing to improve.

I'm calling it. If he stays healthy all year, Baker ends up with 4400 yards, 34 TDs, and 8INTs. And that's minimum on yards and TDs. I got yards by applying the rate from the last 7 games last year (post weather and adjustment period) to a full 16 game season and then adjusted his TD's by the same % as the yardage increased. If he got picked at the same rate as the last 7 last year he'd only throw 2 picks all year, so I jacked that up for realism.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, FGK said:

Plus he's about to get (for the first time since Oklahoma, where he was statistically one of the greatest college QBs in history) the same offensive system for two years in a row. And even more, an insane amount of offensive continuity. He's gonna freaking blow up next year, the offense is gonna be top 6 in the league with the line and run game plus Baker continuing to improve.

I'm calling it. If he stays healthy all year, Baker ends up with 4400 yards, 34 TDs, and 8INTs. And that's minimum on yards and TDs. I got yards by applying the rate from the last 7 games last year (post weather and adjustment period) to a full 16 game season and then adjusted his TD's by the same % as the yardage increased. If he got picked at the same rate as the last 7 last year he'd only throw 2 picks all year, so I jacked that up for realism.

I feel the same way. Seriously bullish on Baker.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FGK said:

I for one can’t wait to reveal him to the world. 😎