2021 Offseason Discussion

Kiwibrown

Off-Season Free agent targets/priorities:

*Note: I'm using Spotrac's market value to determine the market value for each player*

1. J.J. Watt, Leonard Williams, Yannick Ngakoue, Romeo Okwara, Trey Henderson, Carl Lawson, Shaq Barrett, EDGE

We need someone opposite Myles big time, and whether we go ALL IN on a guy (Barrett, Ngakoue, Williams, Henderson) or we go for the "rock solid" route to save some money and still address areas of need, this is an absolute MUST. We've seen team after team win titles getting to the QB with their front 4, and we should make this our top priority. It also allows your CB to play physical and man to man, as well as send in a variety of zone blitz looks, as you're basically telling your guys on the outside that you'll only need to cover for 3 seconds or less. (See: Tampa, New England, the NYG, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Seattle, Chicago, Denver, and even Kansas City)

2. Marcus Williams, S 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-orleans-saints/marcus-williams-21783/market-value/

$13.5 million annually, but he's 25 years old. He's a very good tackler (insert Diggs joke here) and coverage S, who is a very versatile and young player. He's rated as a Top 5 FS in the league.

OR

3. Justin Simmons, S

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/justin-simmons-19052/market-value/

While some would argue that Simmons is definitely better than Williams, he's going to cost more (and he's 2 years older). His market value is $15.4 million annually. He's a definite ball hawk, and having him as a center fielder type would allow us to utilize Delpit as more of a hybrid/chess piece, which I'm a huge fan of, as he excelled there in college. 

S: Williams or Simmons, Delpit, Harrison, Redwine

4. Adam Butler, DT

He's 26, has 15 sacks in 64 games, and is 6'5 and 300 pounds...and he's only started 12 career games in New England. I think we could get him on the cheap, and I think that he could potentially be a nice piece for us on the interior.

DT: Richardson, Butler, Elliott, Billings 

That foursome doesn't suck...and I may still draft a guy.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, FGK said:

Plus he's about to get (for the first time since Oklahoma, where he was statistically one of the greatest college QBs in history) the same offensive system for two years in a row. And even more, an insane amount of offensive continuity. He's gonna freaking blow up next year, the offense is gonna be top 6 in the league with the line and run game plus Baker continuing to improve.

I'm calling it. If he stays healthy all year, Baker ends up with 4400 yards, 34 TDs, and 8INTs. And that's minimum on yards and TDs. I got yards by applying the rate from the last 7 games last year (post weather and adjustment period) to a full 16 game season and then adjusted his TD's by the same % as the yardage increased. If he got picked at the same rate as the last 7 last year he'd only throw 2 picks all year, so I jacked that up for realism.

If we get the OBJ who balled out against Dallas he’s throwing for 40 TDs.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

He’s a guy I’ve been interested in as a free agent. Not sure what his situation in Philly is.

if your Eagles, if their not a franchise type player, trade them and begin a rebuild. With the money you gotta eat because of Wentz. No better time. Barnett hasn’t really lived up to his 14th overall draft status.

I won’t forget that some ppl like the idea of drafting someone else #1 overall instead of Garrett and draft Barnett with the 2nd 1st pick 

4 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

We’re not spending big money on a safety after we just drafted one in the 2nd round last year. 

But we don’t know what he’s going to be 

if he can come back at all. 

Plus I believe they viewed Delpit as more of a strong safety than free based off what I was hearing/reading out of training camp last year. 

We can’t depend on Sendejo or Karl Joseph to start there next year and I don’t think Harrison has that FS range either. 

So we’d be forecasting our rookie coming off a torn Achilles to be our starting FS. Not sure if that’s a smart idea. 

4 hours ago, brownie man said:

Yeah is there any way Simmons is a realistic possibility?

Hes my number 1 choice in free agency 

No. Not this year anyway. Word on the street is that Paton is working to lock him up to a deal and if no deal is reached they have no issue with tagging him again. I dont see anyway they let him walk out of the door. He is a top 3 Safety in the NFL, in his prime years and is everything you want off the field/in the lockerroom. 

9 minutes ago, brownie man said:

But we don’t know what he’s going to be 

if he can come back at all. 

Plus I believe they viewed Delpit as more of a strong safety than free based off what I was hearing/reading out of training camp last year. 

We can’t depend on Sendejo or Karl Joseph to start there next year and I don’t think Harrison has that FS range either. 

So we’d be forecasting our rookie coming off a torn Achilles to be our starting FS. Not sure if that’s a smart idea. 

He tore his Achilles so early last season that he will be good to go by next year Tho. So I have no doubts on him being ready. The injury isn’t career ending anymore like it use to be. If he was on the back end of his career, then I would be really worried. He is young and will Be close to 12months of recovery. They say it takes up to 6-9months for recover. So he will be close to 12. 

woulsnt mind signing one of these FA safeties and make Harrison the S/LB type player